We ran a few quick errands and had lunch at SmashBurger, which we'd heard good reviews of. I wasn't entirely impressed. Then we headed home so Avery could nap. We all enjoyed some quiet time at home. I love that about holidays!
After Avery's nap we headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon for a hike up to Secret Lake. I was surprised at how much cooler it was up there and my kids complained about being cold...should've brought sweatshirts! Once we got going they were fine and enjoyed being up in the mountains. It is such a beautiful hike. We were at a pretty slow pace with Avery walking and stopping every 5 feet to pick up a rock or throw some dirt, but we were in no hurry so I enjoyed taking our time. Once we got to the lake Avery immediately started yelling "swimming, swimming!" It was pretty funny. The kids had a great time exploring and throwing rocks in the water. It was so peaceful up there. I took LOTS and LOTS of pictures only to find out when we got home that my camera had seen its last days and none of them turned out. I was REALLY disappointed, but luckily Tucker had taken a few with his phone!



8 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary!!! You two have SUCH a cute family!
Congratulations! What a great way to spend a holiday!
Happy anniversary!!! When are we going to get the kids together and play?!? And we need to go to lunch! I miss seeing your happy cute self!
I am so sad about your camera. Happy anniversary you cute couple! Looks like a fun outing. I need to think to do hikes more often with my family.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Almost a decade - man, we're getting old!
I think your camera and mine must be BFF's. (Christmas is coming . . . hint, hint, husbands.) That is a major bummer about the pictures. But, it looks so gorgeous and refreshing up there! What a great day. Talk to you soon.
Happy Anniversary! What a pretty lake!
Happy belated anniversary. I was thinking about it and remembering how you guys wanted to get married on 9/9 but it didn't work out...yes, this is a very random comment!! 9/7/09 is still a cool day. :) :) :) Looks like a delightful and delovely day. We love Cecret Lake. How come we never see each other anymore??? I miss you! Yep, still a super random long comment.
Cecret Lake is a great hike. Bummer about your camera though. Thank goodness for the iPhone. Happy 9 years to you and Tucker!
Post a Comment