
Tucker and I had planned a little getaway and it just worked out to be during all this mess. It was actually great timing. We left last Thursday morning, dropped the kids off at my parents home and headed for St. George for the weekend. We had planned to have the walls prepped, tile done and have it all painted by the time we got home, but things never go as planned. The tile was finished when we got home and it looked GREAT. Hopefully the rest can be finished up this week and we can at least have a functioning toilet and tub again. The cabinets are still not done so we have a while before its all completed.
Tucker and I had a wonderful and relaxing weekend together. It was a much needed break and fun to be just the two of us. We commented on how quiet our drive down was. It was nice to have uninterrupted conversations all weekend.
Our first night there we got tickets to see Footloose at Tuacahn. We loved it. I haven't seen a show there that hasn't been really great. The main guy in it, "Ren", was played by a guy who was on So You Think You Can Dance last season. He was incredible.

I enjoyed not having to cook a single meal the whole weekend. We ate at some of our favorites places...Pizza Factory, Capriatti's, In-N-Out Burger as well as trying a few new places. We met some friends for lunch at a Mongolian BBQ place that was really good and finally tried Twentyfive Main Cafe for dinner and dessert. They're cupcakes are so good, I wanted 3 more.

We also decided to go horse back riding our last night there. I haven't been for probably 20 years so I was a little bit nervous, but we had a great time. We met our tour guides Patty & Mike and had our own private ride at sunset near Snow Canyon. It was perfect weather and fun to watch the sun set on our way back. I experienced a very sore bum for several days after though.



Other fun things we did...hung out with our friends Adam and Jenny at there lovely home in Cedar City, saw The Proposal in a completely empty theater, enjoyed afternoon naps, read an entire book, free Iceberg shakes (courtesy of Facebook!), a little bit of shopping and lots of peace and quiet.
By Sunday we missed the kids and were ready to go home and give my parents a break. We were smothered in hugs and kisses and "I missed you's". Somehow my kids seemed as if they'd grown up in 3 short days. They had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa going to the zoo, a ward carnival, and a family reunion. A huge thanks to my mom and dad, I know how exhausting they are and I'm sure they were ready to crash by Sunday night.
It's amazing what a few days away can do to recharge you and make you a much more patient mom.
10 comments:
i am glad you could get away together! You deserve it! It looks like so much fun! I bet footloose was awesome there-we loved it at playmill too. I love the footloose pose-what a cute couple you are!
I love all of this! You made me crave the cupcakes from twenty-five main. Isn't that just the cutest little joint? I love it. And, horseback riding looks awesome - how fun, esp at sunset. What cute pictures too. So glad you had this getaway. Doesn't it feel good to miss your kids?!?
Good luck with the rest of the bathroom redo - ugh.
Yea for trips away without the kids! Good for you guys!
We need to remodel both of our bathrooms, that doesn't make me want to hurry up and get it done though. Seems like too much work. :( But well worth it in the end, I'm sure. Be sure to post pics when it's all done.
BTW...where did you get the girls' skirts in the bottom picture of you and the kids? Love it!
Oh that sounds so wonderful!! And I am excited to see the final touches on your bathroom!
What a fun get-away! Good luck on the rest of the bathroom remodel. I'm excited to see all the progress you guys are making over there.
Don't worry, I was a great house-sitter while you were gone.
You'll definitely have to post pics of your finished bathroom. Love that you got away with your hubby!
I just watched your family movie and almost died laughing. Your family is hilarious!
Oh my... how fun that you had a getaway with NO KIDS!!!! Glad you guys have a great time!
BTW.... we need to get together sometime for lunch or something with the kiddos - Bailee would LOVE to see Halle
That is so awesome! It sounds like such a dream to spend all that uninteruppted time together. Good for you!
Post a Comment