Sunday, August 2, 2009

Margetts Reunion Extravaganza

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement, everyone. It was a rough week, but can be summed up by something that someone posted on facebook a few days ago..."Motherhood isn't for wimps!" I was being a BIG wimp last week, but I'm feeling stronger today. Time to recap the big reunion.

It started on Wednesday with a day of boating at Jordanelle. The day was cool and breezy, but it was a nice relief from the heat. The kids had a great time playing on the very rocky "beach". They loved the boat ride and tube ride the best and Halle attempted water skiing again. I think her nerves got the best of her.



My cousin Heather and I with some of the kids.

Brandon, Annie & Halle ready for their tube ride.

Avery, Aidan & Annie building rocky castles


Half of the buff-chickalettes...the beautiful and talented Kirsten and I

One of the many gab sessions...

Grandma & Avery...eating as usual

Grandma Tutu's escorts...
After a long day at the beach, I packed up 3 tired kids and headed back home to get in a good nights sleep before day 2!

The remaining 2 days were spent up at my Grandma's stake property in Park City. It's a lodge just below the Olympic ski jump. There were over 100 people in attendance at this reunion and 36 of those were age 10 and under. It was loud and crazy, but lots of fun. We planned and prepared lots of crafts to keep the kids entertained.

Avery's favorite was painting

Halle & I attempted THIS fun craft. It didn't turn out as well as we'd hoped.

Aidan and Annie making fruit loop necklaces.


Aidan's sticker puppet.

The boys' favorite activity was water bottle fun. They had a water fight, sprayed papers and made designs on the ground. It entertained them for hours.

The kids also loved playing on all the different bikes and cars that everyone brought up. The big open room made a great space to ride.

Halle was MIA for most of the time. She had a great time playing with all the girls. They played for hours in the sand, made up dances and played barbies. She was in heaven.

Alissa, my mom and I

Many hours were spent playing games.

The kids all lined up for Grandma Tutu's pinata.

The talent show was a big success this year. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. It included synchronized swimming, family inspired song writing, a Japanese game show, my family's yearly video (which can be seen HERE!), Grandma Tutu's "old lady from Tallahassee" solo and lots and lots of laughs.

It was a very fun reunion. Thanks, Grandma, for making it all happen!

2 comments:

kecia said...

so glad to see the recap! I have to say that talent show sounds very intriging! Halle has the perfect tan in that first picture! I can't vbelieve she attempted water skiing! wat to go Hal!

Mary said...

I'm still laughing about Brooke's description of her "talent" last night. You guys have such a neat family. It's fun to see all the fun pictures!