I have lots I could blog about today. We have been doing some fun things lately. We had fun times at the family reunions, we've been to the beach, splashed in the fountains at the gateway, had bbq's, been swimming, had sleepovers with cousins, lots of fun play dates with friends, etc. It has been a fun summer. But amidst the fun, there has been stress, and worry, and being a grown up when you really just want to be carefree.
I feel as though I've hit a wall and can't get out of this funk I'm in. I enjoy getting out and playing with my kids, but it takes SO much energy that by the time we get home the kids are tired and whiny and I wonder why I even bother! I want to be one of those moms that goes and goes and makes time for it all, and balances it all so evenly, and has a sparkling clean house, and makes dinner every night, and has one on one time with each child, and fits in date night with her husband, and has a good sense of who she is outside of "Mom"....the list goes on and on! I want to be her when I grow up, but its not looking very promising.
Maybe one day soon I'll find the fun in blogging about the past couple weeks...maybe not. Maybe I won't even post this because it feels very grumpy and blah, and blogs are supposed to be happy and funny and witty, and I'm not any of those things today. We'll see.
7 comments:
You are not alone As I read your blog I really lookup to you as a Mom, wife, and friend. It is so easy to lose who you are when you have kids to take care of. I am in the same slump you are. But try to enjoy the good and embrace the bad. It is a tough time for so many people right now in so many ways. But you can find comfort in so many things, your chidren, your family, your religion. It appears like you have great friends too, who you can lean on. And I am so glad you posted this, because it is real, it is life. That is what we blog about,life, not just the happy part of life! You are so cute and talented. Hang in there! And we will look foreward to reading about your reunions!
I have way too much to say about this so I think I'll just call you or send an email. XOXOXO
seriously I could have written the same thing today....luckily we all feel like this and it is normal and ok and you are a great mom and great all of the things you mention here! I think we all have a hard time just remembering to "be" and to be ok with that! I know I do! I am looking forward to seeing the posts about the reunion but sometimes it feels good to just get out some of the other feelings. love ya!
This has been me for the past few weeks! You can tell that you are a wonderful Mom! I am with ya girl! Just remember you are darling! and i think you're great. Keep blogging because yours is my favorite!
Oh, I so could have written the same thing! Maybe it gets to us towards the end of the summer when we are feeling like we are ready to pull our hair out with trying to entertain our kids and fit everything in before school starts.
I think we all feel like this at times, but don't like to show it. Whenever I catch myself comparing myself to other moms, I always come up short. But we usually see just the surface and don't realize that most of us feel exactly what you described. If you find one of those women who has it all together, please introduce me to her - I would like lessons!
Now enough rambling from me. I need to cut some fresh roses from my garden to put in my living room. Then I need to mop my floor and finish cooing a gourmet dinner before Bryan gets home from work. Just kidding - the flowers in my garden are dying. We are going out for dinner tonight because I haven't been grocery shopping in two weeks and Bryan really wants something more than cereal for dinner tonight. Instead of mopping, I just tell my family to wear their shoes in the kitchen. I might get to it tomorrow...
Oh Julie! I definitely share your feelings. For what it's worth, I look at you as one of those amazing, fun moms who is always doing fun things with your kids. I aspire to be like you. My kids are so deprived when it comes to fun outings. I never seem to have the energy to do all the amazing mom & wife things I dream up. It's ok to feel blah sometimes. Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself credit for all the awesomeness you pull off!
Thanks for being real. We all need a little more of that in the blogging world.
Post a Comment