Halle had a great first day of school. She woke up a little bit nervous. I had planned to make crepes for our back to school breakfast again but she said she was too nervous to eat anything. I barely got her to drink some chocolate milk and have a bite of zucchini bread.
She wanted me to take her the first day so we took a few pictures outside before heading off to school.
Looking SO grown up.

She found her classroom and hung up her back pack...

She had a treat for her teacher...

Miss Parker welcomed her to class with a big hug...

We found her desk...
We went outside to wait for the bell to ring...

Excited to see Kyra on the playground. :)

Lined up and ready to start her day. Her smile made it a little easier for me to leave. :) I only shed a few tears when she saw her kindergarten teacher and gave her a big hug. I was secretly wishing she could be in her class for another year.

Several mom's in our neighborhood got together at the park with our other kids for lunch. We needed a distraction from missing our older kids.
Aidan spent the afternoon making playdoh creations. This boy will play playdoh for hours.

Before we knew it, it was time to go pick Halle up from school. She had big hugs for her brother and sister. They missed her and we're so excited to see her.

So we survived the first day. She had fun, made new friends, loved going to recess TWICE, enjoyed eating lunch at school and was ready and excited to go back the next day. Success!
9 comments:
Yeah! She is getting so big. I am glad she had a great first day.
She is such a cutie! I love how you have awesome pictures to document everything. Is your hair shorter? It's super cute!!
Halle looks so cute! And so grown up!! So glad all went well - for both of you!
I'm happy the first day of first grade was a success!! Cute pictures of such a cute girl. Ahhhh, wish me luck for tomorrow--we are doing the same thing!!!
I LOVE the pic of them hugging eachother! I know Kyra is super glad Halle is there all day with her!
Bribing the teacher alreasy?!? Little early there Jules.:) She is adorable and getting so old on us!
Found my way here blog-hopping. What a great post.
Your daughter is so cute and she looks like she had a great first day.
My daughter also started first grade this year and it's a lot of mixed emotions. She loves it and mom feels a little bit sad knowing that she is now such a big girl...
They grow up so fast, don't they?
Have a wonderful weekend!
totally stealing your cookie idea. Just bought the cookies tonight. Between you and Brooke I'll never actually have to come up with anything on my own. Love it! And love first grade! She looks so grown up.
Little Halle looks so cute in her first day outfit. It's hard to have them gone all day isn't it? Let's get Aidan, Avery and Cambrie together and go play.
Post a Comment