I'm THRILLED about getting back into a routine with life. I'm excited for Halle to start a new school year and see old friends and meet new ones, learn new things, eat lunch at school, etc. But I'm having a very hard time imagining a whole day without her at home with me. She's my BIGGEST helper and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about managing throughout the day without her. Poor Aidan is going to be lost. I'm going to have to get real creative with entertaining him in the afternoon...that's what Halle usually does.
We tried to fit in lots of fun activities for our last week of summer. Of course we didn't do everything on our "Summer To-Do List" but we never do.
We visited Thanksgiving Point Children's Gardens on their $2 Tuesday. Fortunately it's so big and spread out, that even with all the other Utah moms there it wasn't miserable. Mary and her crew joined us and the kids had a great time playing in the Noah's ark water feature, getting lost in the mazes, rolling down hills, climbing through bear caves and eating "snunch" together. Thanks for the good times, Mar!







One of my old room mates was in town before moving off to a different state, so we jumped at the chance to get together again. (Wish you could have been there, Kath!) The kids played on the playground and ran through the water, and us girls managed to catch up and reminisce for a little while. It's never long enough!
We had our kids be our photographers....
We couldn't let the summer go by without setting up the lemonade stand. We set up shop in front of Julie K.'s home and the kids had fun selling "yummy red punch" instead of lemonade. It's always entertaining. They each made a buck and some change thanks to some generous customers that stopped even when the red punch didn't sound so appetizing.

The favorite activity of the week was the movie night that the Cox's hosted on Friday night...a Grande Finale if you will! They set up a projector and screen in their backyard and we watched Hannah Montana with the Woodbury's and some of Kecia's family. They kids had so much fun staying up past their bedtime and dancing around in their jammies to all their favorite songs. We had lots of yummy treats including Kris's yummy popcorn and homemade rootbeer.
Snuggling with my buddy. Sadly this boy knows all too much about the Hannah Montana world. I did watch Star Wars with him before we went over to watch the girly movie.
Halle & Kyra showing us the Howdown Throwdown dance they taught themselves by watching it on Youtube. They know the whole thing.Halle also got to do some school shopping and go to dinner with her grandparents and on Friday we went to the school to meet her teacher and see her classroom. She was really excited to find out that one of her best friends from last year is in her class again this year.
Great end to the summer...









7 comments:
What an awesome time! I can't believe how tan Halle is! Good luck while she is at school.
It was a fun end to the summer! Glad you could make it-tell Tucker I am offended he chose project runway over me and hannah!
It was such a fun time. We really need to get our kids together more. I say that as now the summer is over. Oh bummer.
Oooh, you guys packed in all sorts of fun! I'm glad you survived the first day of school, I'm dreading it a little bit. AAHHHHH!!
You guys sure do know how to have a great time.:) That is hilarious that they know the whole dance to Hannah - she could come and teach my girls - they would love that!
How fun! I'm sad we couldn't make it to the movie night. We'll have to convince the Cox's to do it again! Such a great neighborhood you have. Why didn't you include the picture of you with the tie on??
Such a packed, fun summer! You are supermom for sure!
Post a Comment