Friday, September 18, 2009

Turning Two

Avery turned 2 last Saturday. (Yes, I'm quite behind!) I woke up that morning to her sweet little voice singing Happy Birthday to herself. It was so funny. She then sang Happy Birthday to every person in the family. She loved the balloons we got for her and the donut and juice breakfast I provided. I even splurged and let her have yogurt. I knew I'd probably regret it later, but she LOVES it and it was her birthday! She was thrilled.

We decided to go to the State Fair for the day. We'd never taken the kids before, and quite honestly I can't remember the last time I went myself. My sister and her boyfriend and kids met up with us there and we had a lot of fun...despite the hot and smelly atmosphere. I quickly realized how expensive a little trip to the fair could be. Each ride and game is extra. Just as I was trying to figure out how much money I had with me and how far I could stretch it with 3 kids, a kind woman walked up to me and handed me a huge stack of tickets. She was done for the day and was kind enough to share. I didn't have to buy a single ticket and each of my kids got to ride several rides and they each played a couple games. We had lunch and saw lots of animals. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed the people watching...it doesn't get better than the State fair. We decided we were WAY overdressed in our capris and t-shirts.
I tried to take Avery on the merry-go-round and she freaked out when I put her on the horse and started crying and asking for my sister. She DID NOT want to ride it. It didn't help that we got there right around her nap time.

Halle loved this giant slide.

Aidan saw this ride as we were walking to meet my sister and he could hardly wait to go ride it. He made the funniest face when it went really fast around the corners, I wish I would have caught it on camera. He LOVED it.


Halle & Lauren loved the Fun House

Halle had just told me the day before that she wanted to be a clown when she grows up. She loved talking to this cute clown.

Aidan had fun on the pony ride.


The last ride of the day...I had run out of tickets and it was Aidan's turn, but the guy let both of them ride it.

All in all it was a fun day at the fair. I think we're good for a few years now!

That night we went to dinner at Red Robin. Halle had a free kids ice cream coupon that she got at school last week, and I thought they'd sing to Avery. Apparently they don't do that any more. Lame. So they shared Halle's ice cream...another splurge, Avery got real ice cream.

The Birthday Girl



Silly kids eating ice cream. Avery couldn't shovel it in fast enough, I think she thought we were going to take it away.

They were thrilled that they gave them balloons as we were leaving, but not so thrilled when all 3 of them popped on the short drive home.

As if that wasn't enought partying for one 2 year old, we celebrated again on Sunday with my family. Tucker's parents were out of town, so we had a small gathering at my mom and dad's house.

Avery was spoiled with gifts and new toys (every mom's favorite thing!) After she opened each gift, she'd say "Oh, cute!" And without being asked, she'd say, "Thank you!" It was so cute.
She has been way into Little People lately, so she was thrilled with her new Ice Cream Truck.

Every girl needs a purse...or 2!

My cute brother gave her these sunglasses and jewelery, she hardly took them off the rest of the night.

Blowing out her birthday candles.

She made her way through lots of bright pink frosting.
I don't think she ever made it through the cupcake.

THE GUESTS!

Grandma & Grandpa

Andrew, Travis, Amy & Lauren

Alissa, Zach, Colby & Jeff

Uncle Erik

Giving kisses to Grandma Tutu!


We LOVE our cute 2 year old! She keeps us on our toes!

She ended the night in true 2 year old form by throwing a big tantrum on the drive home. It was late and the birthday girl didn't get a nap. And just like that we've entered the Terrible Two's!

9 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun birthday! seriously will you adopt me so I can have such an awesome birthday and birthday week?! You are such a cute Mom!

Mary said...

Oh, cute Avery! Hard to believe she's two!! What fabulous celebrations. I love the picture of all the kids eating their ice-cream at Red Robin - Avery sure looks like she's in heaven! Also love the pic of Avery kissing Grandma Tutu - so precious!!!
See you soon?!!?!

DeDee said...

What a cutie!! So glad your kids went on rides at the State Fair and lived to tell about it! ;)

Liz O. said...

Such a darling two-year old! I think it is so sweet that she said 'cute' after each present! What a sweetheart--with spunk & sass, too, which is totally age-appropriate! hahaha. Good luck to us this terrible two year!

Natalie said...

What a fun little celebration for Miss Avery! I love her dress in the last few pictures. (Cambrie has the same one.)

Our Little Fam said...

I love that little Avery-even in her nautiness! She is so cute! Looks like a fun party and festivities! Hard to believe she is 2~~ Where does the time go?! Happy Day to Avery!

Lindsay Kay said...

She is so adorable! Looks like she was very spoiled and enjoyed having fun with all her family.:)

Woodbury Fam said...

I can't believe she is 2! Where has the time gone. She is so darling. I just love listening to her talk.

Michelle C said...

Too cute. She's a doll. Fun birthday looks like. Your kids are so cute.