Friday, March 20, 2009

Sweaty?

Earlier today Aidan came to me and said, "Mom, Avery is really sweaty!" I didn't really think much of it, he's always saying random things. A few minutes later I went down stairs to find Avery COVERED in Vaseline. She had a big jar of it open and her hands and face were covered. On further inspection I noticed she had been touching almost every surface in the room with her greasy hands. The walls, the doors, Tucker's speakers (uh-oh!), the table, and the carpet. UGH! It was a huge mess and she just laughed. I thought it was really funny that Aidan thought she had a sweating issue!

10 comments:

DeDee said...

Hilarious! I wouldn't even know how to begin to clean that up.

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't laugh, but honestly that is the funniest thing ever. The funniest part is Aidan telling you she is really sweaty.

Brooke said...

SICK! I loath vaseline. I'm shocked you didn't take a photo of the culprit!!! Yeah, and Aidan saying she was "sweaty" is hilarious!

It was fun to chuckle and guffaw with you tonight. :) We'll have to spontaneously visit more often.

Lindsey said...

That cracks me up! Of course she couldn't just smear it over herself, she had to smear it everywhere else too. What a character. I guess I'll keep my Vaseline out of reach!

Heather Ridge said...

I am sorry but I am laughing hysterically at this even though I probably shouldn't for your sake of clean-up. Darn Vaseline, they should make childproof lids for it.

Emilee said...

Now you feel my Desitin pain! Remember when you told me how innocent your kids were... and now it's payback time. :)

kecia said...

that is hilarious! What a mess though!!

Mary said...

This happened to me the other day too with Jane - only instead of vaseline it was her eczema ointment! You know, the really greasy stuff that is so strong it isn't even supposed to go on your face - yeah it was EVERYWHERE! What a mess!!! I wish I would have had someone else discover it and tell me she was "sweaty" though, because then maybe I'd be laughing instead of crying cleaning it up!

Natalie said...

Blake did that with Vaseline once. It turned out to be one of my favorite scrapbook pages, but it was a huge pain in the butt to clean up. He slathered his hair with it. Four shampoos later I gave up and the kid had slicked hair for a week!

Ash said...

That is funny! I do remember vaseline being spread throughout my parents house when we were in Jr. High, and it is a mess. I think you even had to take a shower because you got so dirty with whatever else we were having wars with. Still so Sorry about your embarasing mnoment. I love your post from St. Pattys Day! You always have such clever things going on at your house.