Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lucky Leprechaun Day!

We woke this morning to GREEN footprints and fingerprints all over our house.
We followed them around and discovered that the little green men had left a scavenger hunt for my kids. There were green shamrocks hidden all over the house with clues to find a golden treasure...




We searched and searched and finally found a hat full of GOLD!


After our shamrock hunt we had a very healthy breakfast of green donuts and milk that our leprechauns turned green.

Then we took turns wearing the silly leprechaun hat...



When Halle got home from school, we headed to the park with Adrie and frolicked amongst the GREEN(ish) grass and enjoyed the warm sunshine! Lovely.


I feel pretty LUCKY to have such cute kids that make celebrating holidays such as these so much fun!

8 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Oh how fun!! I can't wait to have kiddos to do cute things that you do! It's just not the same with just James and I and a 'secret' little leprechan. You are a fun mom!!

DeDee said...

So cute! I have another friend that gets visited by the "Leprechauns" with little, green footprints and messes all around. I wanted to start the tradition, but then thought it might be hard to keep up. And you know the kids never forget! Kuddos to you...such a cute mom!

Emilee said...

I like the hunt from the leprechauns! Too cute. Our leprechauns just caused a bunch of mischief.

Brooke said...

Aren't you the funnest?? Alas, the leprechauns skipped our house this morning. The house is just messy because of US, we can't blame it on the little gnomes. :) But we will be having green dinner tonight. That's got to count for something, right?!?!?

You are the best!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest mom. I would have never even thought to do anything like that. I bet your kids loved it!

Jess and Brandon said...

Their green outfits are so cute! They look adorable! How fun!

Prilla said...

You are too cute. What a great idea.

Natalie said...

So, you'll have to tell me what made the leprechauns footprints and fingerprints. So cute! I bet your kids loved the green scavenger hunt.