Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well Check-Ups

On Monday I took both Aidan & Avery in for their well check-ups ...
Enjoying popsicles after getting shots

Several months ago I thought it would be a great idea to take them at the same time for their appointments, however, this turned out to be an unwise decision. Twice the shots, twice the tears, too much information to cover in such a short amount of time. Two cooped up kids in one small room doesn't make it very easy to discuss their growth/development with their doctor. Aidan was running around, Avery was wanting food, Dr. Bean was very patient, I was very frazzled. I won't be making that mistake again.

At 3 Years, Aidan is
30.2 lbs
36 inches
25%ile for both weight AND height
  • Into everything Superhero
  • Obsessed with brushing his teeth and washing his hands.
  • Rarely seen without his cape...even in his sleep.
  • Always saying funny things like "I'm allergic to kisses!" or "I have a suggestion..."
  • Always playing with his "guys"
  • Still sleeping with his blankies...all 3 of them.
  • Happiest when Dad is home
  • A Guitar Hero/Rock Band playing fool.
  • The Sweetest boy I know

At 18 Months, Avery is

22.4 lbs.
(can't remember her exact height)
25%ile for both weight AND height
  • Talking lots, starting to put words together
  • Sleeping really good at night
  • Taking only one (short) nap
  • Officially a nursery goer...and likes it. (It does help to have Aidan in there, I think.)
  • Always taking care of her babies.
  • Eating constantly. Some of her favorites are apples, bananas, grapes, chicken, pretzels, fruit snacks, crackers, yogurt, peas and edamame.
  • Thrilled when her friend Bree comes to play.
  • Very spunky. She has such a funny personality and a lot more vocal and stubborn that my other two kids.
  • Obsessed with SHOES! Specifically ones that aren't hers.
  • Always getting in to something(usually the pantry). Its never a good idea to leave her unattended for very long.
  • Always making us laugh.We LOVE her!
Most days its VERY crazy with these two, but they sure have become good little buddies. My favorite thing is when Aidan says, "Mom, can I take care of Avery today?"
Hopefully he'll be asking that for a LONG time!

8 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

How cute are your kids?! Seriously. I just sat and smiled the whole time I read your post!!

Brooke said...

Super cute post. How early were you up today? Holy moly.

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Avery with the moon boot and high heel on. :) What a great combo, I'll have to try it next time we go out on the town!!!

I miss you too. We really need to frolic outside soon together. I'm a mega fan of your blog as well. Good thing we are the bestest cousin friends. BCF!!!

Emilee said...

Love those cute pictures! I hate it when thinking ahead backfires... :)

Heather Ridge said...

Such cute kids. I can't believe Avery is 18 months. I guess it feels like time freezes when so much time goes by when I don't see them, but then it hits me....I almost have a one year old. Okay, time does fly. Cute Post!

Mary said...

I've done that same thing at the doc before and wondered what the heck I was thinking!!

I too love that picture of Avery in the mismatched shoes! She is a doll. And, I just love to watch Aidan - such a crack up. They remind me SO much of my Scott & Jane. What a fun read!

Todd and Lisa said...

Aidan is so cute to want to take care of Avery. Your kids are all adorable. They do the cutest things. You're so good to blog all of this info. They will LOVE you for it when they're older (my kids will be jealous). Hope you're doing well! We'll talk soon.

kecia said...

SO CUTE! Aiden always makes me laugh with his raspy little voice!
I love the all those pics of Avery-so cute with her shoes and her baby doll! I was amazed how well she was talking over here the other day! I love her expression in that last picture!! Bree gets excited if she even sees your house lately-maybe they should play more often-I mean we did it with our first children that young (so weird to think about that!)

Natalie said...

I love the picture of Avery in the mismatched shoes. You sure have cute kids.