Thursday, August 30, 2007

What They Love

(I always say I'm going to remember all these things, but I know I won't! My pregnancy brain has completely taken over and I take no responsibility for things I do or say...at least for a couple more weeks!)

Halle
  • Playing games. I think our trip to St. George with my family is what really set it off. Lately we have been playing lots of games together (usually while Aidan is napping). Some of her favorite games are: Hullaballo, UNO, Littlest Pet Shop, Kerplunk, The Game of Life, Dominos, Memory and she loves doing puzzles.
  • Singing. Yesterday she sat on her little pink chair and sang songs (that she makes up) for a good 30 minutes. She loves singing in the car, too! She loves singing her High School Musical 2 songs and knows every word to all the songs already! She is constantly saying, "Turn it up, please!" Tucker and I are convinced that she'll have severe hearing loss before she starts Kindergarten.
  • Playing with friends. Obviously, mom is not nearly as much fun to play with as her friends...actually I don't blame her, I don't have as much energy these days to sit and play like her friends do. She is really lucky to have such good friends. The older she gets the more I appreciate it!
  • Practicing her letters. She loves using her mini magna doodle to write different letters and then asks me what she spelled. Every once in a while she'll put the letters in the right order to make a real word. She's gotten pretty good at it. This is great entertainment during church.
  • Ice Cream. She obviously gets this from her dad. The other day we were at the store and Tucker and her wondered off and came back with these mini Ben & Jerry's ice cream containers. They each chose they're favorite flavor, and she said "Look mom, they're my size!" They were only 50 cents so I couldn't say no!
Aidan
  • Milk. This is very unusual for our family. Halle wouldn't drink milk until she was 2 or 3 and then only if it was Chocolate milk. Tucker and I only have milk with cereal. Aidan will finish a gallon of milk by himself before the rest of us can finish a half gallon. He probably drinks 18-20 ounces a day.
  • Dancing. He has the funniest little dance moves. I like to call it the "Elaine dance" (Seinfield). He moves his upper body and every once in a while will kick one of his legs. It's really funny.
  • His banket. I know I've posted about his blanket before, but its still a permanent attachment. I try to wash it every couple days cause it goes every where with him, but its not always easy finding a time when he will put it down long enough for me to sneak it away to the washer.
  • Halle. He is so attached to her and loves following her around the house and doing everything she does. He loves to go and sit right next to her and lay against her or on her, and give her "loves". If she isn't here, he walks around the house looking for her.
  • Animals, especially dogs. If he sees a dog he gets so excited and shouts, "doggy, doggy" until everyone within a one mile radius looks to see the dog that he sees. He has to make sure EVERYONE sees it. I have a feeling it won't be long before he joins the dark side with Tucker and Halle in trying to convince mom that we NEED a dog.
Well I know I could continue these lists on but that's about all I have time to write about now. Sorry this is sort of a boring post for everyone else, but I know I will have no recollection of any of these things in a couple years.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you made time to write that down. I always think I need to too and never do. Sounds cheesy, but they're such priceless memories - which we do lose quickly! Just remember to tell Halle that if she wants Sadie to come to her house, she can't have a dog. That should talk her out of it.

kecia said...

i love this post! i need to write this stuff down more often!

Emilee said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts- it is an inspiration! My favorite thing is that she sings songs she's made up!

Natalie said...

I love to read these moments in time with your kids. You're a great mom to write them all down. I'm on your side when it comes to the dogs. When the baby is born, you'll have enough things that poop in your house!

Chereebee said...

What a cute mom you are!! I love that you took the time to write the little things down. You've inspired me!!

Brooke said...

I love your little list. I feel like it's been a long time since I've done something like this. :)

Woodbury Fam said...

Julie, I did it! I started my blog... woodburyfam.blogspot.com
Thanks for the suggestion. I loved reading yours!