Saturday, August 25, 2007

Catching Up

It's been one of those busy weeks where I feel like we've been non stop on the go, but can't really put my finger on the specifics of where we've been. In between a couple doctor appointments, mine and Halle's dentist appointments, having the pleasure of attending traffic school (don't ask!), and missing Tucker as he's been "Juggling Elephants", we've managed to do a few fun activities.

My sister took Halle to her work party this week at Boondocks. They played games, road the go-karts, played miniature golf and ate yummy food. I'm a little bummed that the rest of us couldn't go. (I was sitting through an hour of traffic school. Main gist of it all, don't break traffic laws...I know, we all learn something new every day!)





We met some friends at Liberty Park this week. I haven't ever taken my kids there, but quickly realized that we have been missing out. The kids loved playing on the playground and in the water. This week has been quite pleasant and we've been able to enjoy being outside again, without feeling like a big sweat ball after 8 minutes. Here are some fun pictures from the park that day.

Halle was really excited to be reunited with her preschool friends, Bailee and Hailey.





Nice pose, Halle!



Aidan loved playing in the water with all the balls floating around.





Halle still posing for the camera!





A couple nights ago, Tucker went to a movie with some friends so the kids and I enjoyed a fun night of playing games and eating popcorn. I need to publicly thank my cute sister-in-law, Natalie, for giving us the game Hullabaloo for Christmas. My kids LOVE it and play it several times a week. They played it for almost an hour that night and it is so hilarious. Aidan doesn't quite get it, but he thinks its hilarious to dance to the music and copy everything Halle does.



Halle wanted me to take a picture of her wearing her new High School Musical jammies.



Aidan loves his Cozy Coupe!



Today, Halle and I went to lunch with some friends...kind of a back-to-school lunch! (We missed you Mary & Sadie!) It was fun to visit with the girls!

Halle, Adrie, Kyra & Annie!



Halle also went to a really fun birthday party for her friend, Emma! It was a spa birthday party, so she got a mani & pedi and enjoyed a little pampering with 15 other girls. Something tells me I should do this for my next birthday party!

Halle & Emma...Emma turned 7, so she's slighly older than Halle, not just a really tall 4 1/2 year old!




Kecia and I met up at the mall while our girls were at the birthday party and did a little shopping. It's always more fun to shop with someone else. I found a couple really cute outfits for the baby and bought one pink and one blue. It's probably best that I don't know what it is, otherwise I would have done a lot more damage to my bank account.

Well I think those are the highlights of our week. Halle asks me every day when preschool starts...10 more days! I'm excited for her to start up again, but will miss the entertainment she provides for my little Aidan. I guess Aidan and I will have 3 weeks of quality bonding time before this little bundle of joy arrives. After that...who knows what to expect! I guess that's all for now, I'm off to get my kids ready for bed!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Look at you, just busy as a bee. :) I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't make an appearance in any of your Liberty Park pics...HA! Fun stuff.

Natalie said...

Wow! You have had a fun week. Sorry we didn't make it to Liberty Park. I was planning on it, but we had company drop in. If you guys get together this week, you'll have to let me know. Adam is desperate for a friend now that Blake is in school. He needs a good playdate! Glad you guys love Hullaballoo. It's one of the few games I don't mind playing with the kids. :)

Mary said...

So sad about lunch on Saturday! Wish we could've been there. I kept expecting you guys to show up at the shelter for lunch instead of Rio, would've been yummy!

Emilee said...

Love the High School Musical jammies that Halle is sporting. She's such a ham for the camera- I'm sure she gets it from her mom!

kecia said...

good work with the journaling. i need to be better like you at the day to day activities~ it was fun to meet up at the mall-we should do it more!