Monday, August 27, 2007

Avoiding My Chores

Really, blogging is the last thing that I should be doing right now. My laundry isn't going to walk itself into the laundry room, although I often have fantasies about being Mary Poppins and just snapping my fingers and watching my house pick itself up. My laundry situation is overwhelming enough with just 2 kids, adding another one is stressing me right out! How do you manage it? What works for you so that you aren't doing laundry for 5 days? There has to be a better method than what I'm doing. Please give me your advice!

So we attempted the whole nursery thing with Aidan yesterday. Yeah, it went about as well as I was planning. He loved it as long as I was sitting there next to him, but if I even looked at the door he lost it. I did manage to sneak out without him noticing a couple times but came back to check on him (they have a peep hole into the nursery...how fabulous!) he was hysterical. He enjoyed the snacks and singing time, but I don't think he's sold on the idea yet. Halle was completely the opposite and cried when it was time to leave nursery, so this is all new to me. Looks like Tucker will still be missing out on Sunday School for a while.

Sunday pictures taken before Aidan knew what he was in for!






----------------------------------------------------------------



I forgot to mention in my previous post that I finally finished the 3rd Stephanie Meyer book, Eclipse. I think this one was my favorite of the 3. It was so hard not being able to just sit and read for hours at a time cause it was hard to put down. I was reading at every available moment. I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for the next one to come out. I highly recommend it, that is if you're one of the few who haven't jumped on the vampire bandwagon yet!

Well I guess I better be some what productive today...we did go walking this morning, but other than that it's a Monday and I don't know where to start, I guess showering is a good idea!

6 comments:

Chereebee said...

Bailee was the same way when she first went into nursery. It only took a few times going and then she LOVED it!
-k- could you be any cuter?!?! I LOVE the green polka dot dress you're wearing - SUPER CUTE!!

kecia said...

i guess i have to join the vampire bandwagon-my sister in laws all love them too.

Mary said...

I was talking to my neighbor who has SIX kids the other day. The dreaded laundry subject came up, and I asked her how she does it. She says that she has a set day of the week when she does it. The night before she gathers it and sorts it and starts washing first thing in the morning. She folds the loads as they come out. She says that way she can get it all done in a day. I guess if it works for a mom of 6, it must be a pretty good concept!

Mary said...

PS Why doesn't every nursery have a peep-hole? That's the best idea yet!

Natalie said...

I can't believe Aidan went to nursery! Our nursery leaders don't let us go in there...even if our kids are crying. They'll come get us if the child is hysterical, but we've never had that happen. I ordered Eclipse, but it's not here yet. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Twilight. It's hard to read a book when you have kids to entertain!

Emilee said...

I just finished "Eclipse" as well! I love it & can't believe that it will be 1 more year to get to the end- although I think my husband is excited that it's still a year away!