The kids had lots of fun playing games. UNO and Twister seemed to be the favorites.


Kecia and I took turns shopping the outlets. We didn't think it would be very fun taking all 6 children with us. We did take all the kids to Target one day. It wasn't as bad as I imagined...until the drive home and Kecia had to make an emergency stop on the side of the road so I could throw up. Aidan and I got hit with a stomach bug, but fortunately it was very short lived for both of us and after a couple hours of rest I was feeling much better.
We made several visits to the park....






Halle loved the monkey bars...until she had blisters on her hands from doing it so much.
Aidan and Avery's favorite was definitely the swings...
We managed to get one picture of all the kids...We did manicures and pedicures one day...
Aidan insisted on being in the picture.One morning while the kids were playing outside, they discovered a HUGE mud puddle in the red sand. One of the sprinklers had broken and turned the red sand into red mud. Could there be a bigger mess?? Leave it to Avery to find out...
In her jammies and shoes!!The favorite of the trip was the time spent swimming. The older kids would have lived at the pool if we let them. The younger ones got bored much quicker.
Avery ready to go...
Avery & Adrie in their matching suits.We found the new Washington Rec Center and had lots of fun there.



We had a yummy dinner from the Pizza Factory in the comfort of our home. We didn't feel like dealing with 6 kids in a public restaurant. How convenient that they had a drive up window! We also enjoyed dinner at Cafe Rio one night. We got some pretty crazy looks from people as we walked in with all the kids. They were really well behaved though! Kecia and I put the kids to bed and spent the evenings catching up on some tv shows and just relaxing.
The kids had lots of fun celebrating April Fools Day there. They came up with a couple tricks all on their own, like switching the cereal bags before we poured our cereal. We decided we needed to trick them too, so we hid the car and the swings. They thought it was really funny! All day long they kept telling us April Fools jokes. They got a huge kick out of it.
It was a fun break and nice to get away...especially from the snow at home. We missed Tucker and were anxious to get back home to see him, but I think he was grateful for a quite house for 5 days. He got a lot of work done. I was ready for a vacation of my own when I got back.
The kids had lots of fun celebrating April Fools Day there. They came up with a couple tricks all on their own, like switching the cereal bags before we poured our cereal. We decided we needed to trick them too, so we hid the car and the swings. They thought it was really funny! All day long they kept telling us April Fools jokes. They got a huge kick out of it.
It was a fun break and nice to get away...especially from the snow at home. We missed Tucker and were anxious to get back home to see him, but I think he was grateful for a quite house for 5 days. He got a lot of work done. I was ready for a vacation of my own when I got back.








7 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. My fam's going to have to try that rec center. It looks awesome!
What a fun girls trip! You and Kecia are very adventurous for taking all the kids by yourselves. I'm glad you guys had a fun time.
How delightful of a trip! Let's start planning another one so we can come. :)
You look so pretty in all those photos. That sounds like a crazy but fun time!! Jealous of playing in the nice weather!
Wow! You are so brave!!!
I can't get over that picture of Avery and the RED mud! What a mess!!! That little Avery is somethin' else! (At least she's s'dang cute!) I also love the pictures of your kids on the slides at the pool. Isn't that a fun place? Glad you were able to get away.
PS How was Hannah last night???
How fun! (minus the stomach flu--yuck) Sounds like all the kids had a great time as well. You are such a good mom---and you are so good to take pictures of everything. I would have freaked out if one of my kids got into that mud! What a mess! That's too funny.
Post a Comment