Thursday, January 29, 2009

Halle's Lullaby

Last night the kids had a hard time going to bed. Avery was crying a lot and keeping Halle up. Around 9:00 we decided we better turn on the monitor. We suddenly heard Halle singing to Avery. She actually stopped crying and Halle went on to sing to her for almost 30 minutes. Tucker had his laptop out and recorded it through the baby monitor. We sat there for half an hour laughing hysterically. It was so cute and it really did put Avery to sleep. Oh, and the muffled noises in the background are just Tucker laughing. :)

(He recorded about 10 minutes of her singing, but she just kept repeating the same things over and over again so Tucker cut it down to this.)



(if you can't play it, you can download the .MP3 by clicking RIGHT HERE and choosing save as)

My favorite line: "It's the middle of the night for crying out loud!" HILARIOUS!

14 comments:

Prilla said...

Ok...so that is the cutest thing EVER! Who knows, maybe she'll be a songwriter when she gets older. :) What a sweet big sister.

Emilee said...

Oh Julie- this is PRICELESS! I'm so glad you have it recorded for posterity. I love the 'Hannah Montana'-esqe singing. And my favorite part was "I'll be there, always"- something like that. TOO CUTE!

Brooke said...

Maybe I'm dumb but I can't get it to work????? I'm dying.

Julie said...

My husband Tucker is a genius and he just fixed it for those of you that can't hear it...you can click and download the file if you'd like.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious!!! Seriously, that just made my day. She cracks me up! I love the sounds of you guys trying not to laugh in the background too. I can see a definite future for this girl!!

Chereebee said...

-k that seriously is the cutest thing I have ever seen heard!!! She is the sweetest big sister! I made Brett and Bailee listen to it while we ate dinner. Brett now has that song in his head and has been singing it - it's quite a catchy little song!
How 'bout you guys move to Idaho Falls - we really miss you guys! :)
Oh yeah, and Halle has such a great singing voice - she is WAY better than me!

Woodbury Fam said...

That is so stinkin cute! From drama at school to such a sweet thing to do for her sister. Halle is my favorite. My favorite part was the "Hip, hip horray."

Natalie said...

I'm in tears laughing. How cute is Halle? I need her to come sing to Cambrie when she wakes up in the middle of the night for crying out loud. :) So funny! I love little Halle. Give her a big hug for me, will ya?

kecia said...

YEah! I got it to work! That is ADORABLE! I can't believe you were able to get it on tape! You will love having that someday!! She is so sweet! So cute!

HayleeBean said...

That is PRICELESS!!! Seriously the cutest, sweetest, funniest thing I've ever heard!!!

Michelle C said...

That is so cute. They are going to love listening to that when they get older. That's so great you caught it. What a precious moment.

Hayley Neil said...

Julie! I always forget to check your blog! Halle is hilarious. Holy smokes. I stinkin' love your blog, you have the cutest family and you are such a funny, inspirational mama. I am going to start checking and commenting regularly! I don't know if I have invited you to my blog yet. If not, send me your email at hayleyjoy@gmail.com

Brooke said...

I finally downloaded it and I am literally crying with laughter. That deserves to be a track on MooTee #3 fo sho.

Lynleah (Bevans) Smart said...

How sweet! I hope Aveia will be a good big sister like Halle.