Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Humdrum

There is nothing exciting about January at our house. It's dull. It's boring. It's cold. It's blah. It's smack dab in the middle of Christmas and a smattering of birthday celebrations. It really is the dullest month of the whole year, for us any way.

This would explain the lack of blogging. I have nothing to write about. Nothing fun to report. No exciting news. Just trying to get through 18 more days of this uneventful month.

I guess I'll muster up a few things to write about, just for the sake of having something new to look at on my blog.

Avery...is still Avery. Causing mass destruction every where. Undoing everything. Getting hurt constantly. Not stopping long enough to realize that just sitting can be really fun. She is playing with more toys lately. I was worried that we'd give her all these fun toys for Christmas and they'd just sit and take up space that we don't have. Once, maybe twice a day she'll let herself be entertained with something for about 8 minutes. Then its off to get into things that she shouldn't.

Aidan...is my little superhero. He eats, sleeps, talks and breaths superheros. He talks about them all day, asking me which is my favorite, or which one I want to be when I grow up. He also wears his cute superhero cape nonstop. Its the first thing he thinks about when he gets up every morning and the last thing that I FORCE him to take off before bed. He loves to "fly" (aka jump off furniture) and pretend he's fighting different "mean guys". Unfortunately, Avery usually ends up being the "mean guy" against her will.

Halle...feels that all is right in the world again because she started dance class. We've had a long break from it so I guess its a good time to start up again. She loves being in the same class as Sadie and Kyra. She is also excited about her loose tooth. She wiggles it several times a day (which totally grosses Tucker out) and can't wait to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. She learned to make snowflakes in school and so she spends lots of time cutting snowflakes...you can imagine the little tiny scraps of paper that I find all over the house. She won't throw any of them away, so we have LOTS. It drives me crazy, but I resist the urge to throw them all out while she's at school, so far.

Tucker...is busy. He enjoys work still and is grateful that it allows him some creative freedom. He has enough freelance work that he's always working on something (which we are grateful for). He recently realized that avoiding the dentist for too long has some consequences. He experienced his first root canal and didn't find it one bit fun.

Me...I've kept myself busy with little organization projects. Cleaning out closets, making lots of D.I. piles and decluttering as much as I can. Part of my goal to simplify. I love organizing, it just takes lots of time and commitment. Neither of which I have much of these days. Its my goal to organize at least one room a month. I've done almost 3 so far, so I'm making up for those months that aren't so dismal and boring and where I'll have less time to be orderly and organized.

I didn't mean for this to sound like a Christmas letter, but it totally does. Sorry. I guess I'll enjoy remembering some of these things one day.

It's not totally a bad thing to have nothing going on right now. I actually enjoy the slower paced life and time to catch up. I love the down time at home with my kids. They're fun to have around and keep me company. I complain about the noise level, but I think its really strange when the house is really quiet and they're napping or playing at a friends house.

Well I guess that's all. Not much, but at least I'm not looking at the 2008 countdown any more, it got old really fast.

TTFN!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

Love the new do- hair do that is! The side swooping bangs are adorable on you! And 3 rooms... that's amazing & inspiring!

kecia said...

all of these pics are too cute! LOVE the one of you and Tucker! It is a great one of both of you! I agree I enjoy these little bit lazier days where we can just be in Pj's and hang out with the kids-I just miss Kyra. Thanks for updating-I was wondering if you were having computer problems or something!!

Brooke said...

Good update! And really cute picture of you and Tucker. I am with you on the blahs of January, which is weird because there's really a lot that I need to do! :)

Woodbury Fam said...

I totally agree about the January blahs. Good thing I have a new nephew or my Christmas post might be up until February. But it is nice to feel like life isn't so crazy anymore.

Natalie said...

Soon you'll have a vacation to report on though right? I agree. January is pretty blah, but it is kind of nice to slow down. I hope Tucker's tooth is feeling better. That's no fun.