It took a while for her to finally tell me that she was throwing snow at some other kids during recess and the other Kindergarten teacher got mad at her and the 4 other kids involved. Her reason for throwing the snow..."the kids were going down the slide on their backs instead of their bums." I forgot she was the slide police.
Her punishment: Inside recess tomorrow. I also made her write apology letters to both her teacher and the other teacher. Did she learn her lesson...I'm not so sure. I think she was more upset that she got in trouble and not so much feeling bad for what she did. Not sure how to deal with this, but I guess I better figure it out. I have a feeling we'll have similar situations to deal with down the road.

9 comments:
I sure hope thats the worst this she ever does! Could you take a picture of her hair. It looks super cute. I want to see it.
"These letters just scream sincerity."
That had me rolling on the floor laughing!
:)
Oh Halle! What a funny little girl!
I think they figure out the feelings of remorse later, but it's a good exercise none the less. Besides, if she isn't going to be the slide police, who will?
I love this story. My favorite line was "I forgot she was the slide police." How was the burnt flank steak tonight? :) We are definitely up for playing again, if only it were easier to schedule. :( I miss your face!
Oh yes. Good times. At least the school didn't call to tell you... that always means it was worse.
That is hillarious!! Don't worry 10 or more years down the road she will track down the kids she threw snowballs at and apologize {true story with me and my friends}. ha ha. Oh kids.
oh Halle is such a sweet girl!! We miss her! And you are such a good mom for having her write apology notes - I wouldn't have even thought of that - good job!!
The slide police comment made me laugh. I think the notes are darling. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment