Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008

We started our Halloween celebrating on Thursday at Halle's school. They didn't have school on Friday so the school parade and her class party all happened on Thursday. Aidan and Avery got to wear their costumes also. Aidan was so cute to Avery and kept saying how cute she looked in her costume.

Here he is pinching her chubby cheeks and telling her how cute she is. It was really funny.

Here is Halle the "nice witch". She really wanted purple and orange hair.

Adrie, Aidan & Avery waiting for the parade.

My cute little pirate.


The only picture I got of Halle walking in the parade was blurry and her eyes were closed. Here she is in her classroom after the parade. I brought a fun game to play with the kids, Halloween Hullaballoo. They loved it...and it was easy on my part.

This is the witch that came to visit Halle's class. She made a witches brew for the kids, it was so funny to watch the kids' reaction. Most of them had no idea it was really their teacher.

Watching her make her witches brew.

Here 's Halle with her teacher in her real costume. She did a quick costume change to get back into her Cinderella gown.

That night we went to Kris & Kecia's annual Halloween party. The kids played games, broke open the pumpkin pinata, and ate lots of yummy treats. We had a great time.


Friday we went to Training Table with Brooke & Kecia for lunch.

Most of my pictures from Halloween night didn't turn out, my camera was on some weird setting. Here they are ready to trick-or-treat.

Avery loved running everywhere. She just ran the whole night...not really caring about any candy.

Halle & Aidan trick-or-treating at Alyssa's house.


After trick-or-treating for a while we went to see my parents. My mom was dressed as a pirate also and when I tried to get Aidan in a picture with her, he freaked out. He was really scared of her.

Halle & my mom

Aidan was a lot more comfortable with my dad who wasn't dressed up.

It was a really fun night. We really didn't come home with tons of candy. My kids have already eaten their favorite pieces and the rest is in a small community bowl. I'm glad its all over...its kind of exhausting. My kids are already talking about their costumes for next year. We'll see if they stick!

5 comments:

Mary said...

That's such a funny picture of Aidan pinching Avery's cheeks! Halle's teacher seems so great - so perfect for kindergarteners. I love your mom as a pirate too! Glad you all had a great time.

Heather Ridge said...

I love the costumes. Your mom I didn't even recognize..hilarious!!

kecia said...

Your mom's costume looks awesome! I love the picture of Aiden pinching Avery's cheeks and Halle's hair looked so cute in all those colors

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun Halloween! That is so cute of Aiden pinching Avery's cheeks. Your Mom looks AWESOME in her costume! I hardly recognized her! What a fun holiday!!

Lindsey said...

Your kids are so cute in their Halloween costumes. What a fun couple of days, but I know what you mean about it being exhausting. I love your mom's costume. I bet her class thought it was great, too bad Aiden didn't!