Tuesday, November 4, 2008

i voted in 2008


Halle's school is our polling location. Today Tucker and I headed over to vote a few minutes before she got out of school. We were still voting as she was walking out and all the kindergartners were wearing their red "I Voted" sticker. Halle's teacher held up pictures of both candidates and then asked the kids to vote. Halle said she voted for John McCain. When I asked her why she said "Cause he looks really nice!" Later she said, "I also voted for him because he chose a woman!" So in Mrs. Lightfoot's kindergarten class the votes were John McCain - 17, Barack Obama - 6.

I'm glad she got to vote today. I'm glad I got to vote today. I'm glad its over.

4 comments:

Jamie Bailey said...

Hi, this is Jamie - a friend of Tucker's from back in high school. My son goes to Viewmont (1st grade) also. I just have to say that your family is so cute! I can totally see Tucker in Aidan. Anyway, your blog is great! I hope to see you guys around soon.

Lindsay Kay said...

Shae talked about how they voted in theri class too. Matt asked her who she voted for and she said she didn't remember. He asked her McCain or Obama and she said Obama. Matt looked terrified!:) It was so funny! We did discuss about voting Monday night - apparently she didn't gather who we were voting for. (I told Matt to chill - what a dramatic!)

kecia said...

this is so funny. Kyra voted for Omaba apparantly-she said she did because everyone else was. kids are funny!

Woodbury Fam said...

I think it is so cute that they do this. it helps the kids understand how important the voting process is.