We spent the past weekend in lovely St. George. We have had this trip planned for several months with my family. Because my mom teaches school, we usually have to plan any family trip around school breaks, so UEA was the best time for all of us to get away. Unfortunately my parents were not able to come with us. A week ago my dad had to have his appendix removed. He came home Sunday morning and was feeling okay. The doctor gave him the okay to make the trip down to St. George, but gave strict orders that there could be NO golfing. (That's like sending kids to disneyland but telling them they can't go on any rides!) That night he started feeling worse and was having a hard time breathing so they went back to the hospital and discovered he had pneumonia. What horrible timing. My dad wouldn't even let us consider not going just because they weren't able to go. So my brothers and sister all went down still and we had a great time, but we sure missed mom and dad!
I felt even more obligated than usual to take LOTS of pictures for my parents' sake so brace yourselves....
We spent lots of time outside. They kids loved riding bikes and playing on the swings. We spent some time at the pool as well. It was the perfect temperature.











We stopped at this WAY yummy sandwich shop called
Capriotti's for lunch and took a picnic to our favorite park. We played soccer, baseball, frisbee, flew remote control airplanes, and played on the playground. It was a lot of fun.








Thursday night the girls all went to Tuacahn and saw Les Miserables. It was fabulous. I was worried that Halle would be bored, but she really liked it. She did fall asleep at the very end, but it was over 3 hours long so she did really well.


Me, sister in-law Alissa, sister Amy & Halle
We spent lots of time just hanging out...playing games, playing Wii, taking naps, watching movies, and eating lots of food.

Erik & Halle






We went to Snow Canyon and hit some of our favorite trails. The kids had a great time. We were really surprised to see so many people there.



Derrick & Aidan
(Derrick has been one of Erik's roommates for the last 3 or 4 years and has just been adopted as another sibling. It's pretty funny cause Aidan calls them both Derrick.)







Our one and only attempt at getting a picture of all the kids didn't go so well.
Hopefully we'll go again soon when my parents can come with us. We missed them, but we're glad my Dad is home and feeling better.
8 comments:
Ha, we must've posted at the same time! :) This looks like it was such a great trip! I'm sad about Uncle Dave though. They need to catch a break!!! Seriously. Great pics, wish I was there now. :) I love the one of you and Halle at Les Mis. You're a hottie! :)
Great trip! So sorry about your Dad - what a bummer for everyone. I hope he's doing better now. You got some great pictures and looks like you had a blast. Les Mis at Tuacahn sounds so fun! Glad you're back.
I hope your parents can go with you soon. How sad they had to miss it. So jealous you got to see Les Miserable and the picture of you anf Halle there is super cute! Also I love your sisters hair color-i am wanting a change-maybe I should go more brown again like hers. lots of cute pictures
Looks like a fabulous time. Matt told me about Dave and it doesn't sound fun at all! Do the hospitals know your parents by name now? What a year! I hope it settles down for them.
That is so fun that you took Halle with you to the play - what a big girl! You look great, and tell Amy that she looks great too! We really need to get everyone together sometime this year!
I was kind of thinking about changing my hair color too.
Looks like a perfect weekend! The weather in Southern Utah is perfect this month... hiking, swimming, biking & park time- talk about a kid's paradise!
So glad your dad is feeling better. Sorry I missed Les Mis...you know, family stuff. :)
You guys always seem to have lots of fun in St. George. We'll have to try out that sandwich shop when we're down there next.
Post a Comment