Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things on the brain.

*Potty training Aidan.
He isn't there yet, but I'm gearing him up for it. I don't want it to be a drawn out process like it was with Halle. He talks about it a lot and when I ask if he wants to sit on the potty he usually says, "Later I will, Mom." You can see how serious he is about it!


*Paint.
What color should we paint the bathrooms? I think I've decided on one of them, but want to do something fun and bold in the other one. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not very good at making these kind of decisions. I really wish I could just hire someone to come show me how to decorate my whole house....oh and pay for it also. :)


*Fun trips & getaways.
Midway this weekend.


St. George next week.

And Phoenix in November. Can't wait!


*Sarah Prine & Captain Elliot.
Can't get them off my mind. What a great read!


*My wedding ring.
Can't find it. Avery walked off with it a few weeks ago and I've been searching my house ever since. Will it eventually turn up, or do I break down and get a new one?
(not my exact ring shown)


*Hopscotch.
Watching Halle play hopscotch brings back SO many memories. My best friend, Kristen, and I used to play this ALL the time. My mom gave me a hopscotch rug for Christmas one year and she just told me that she still has it. Now Halle can keep playing even when its cold outside.


Avery-Proofing my house.
I never had to worry about this with Halle or Aidan, but Avery is constantly opening EVERY drawer and cupboard within her reach. I need to buckle down and do this TODAY!

12 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Good luck potty training Aidan! I just gave up with Kai (for the umpteenth time!) Some kids are SO stubborn. Halle looks so cute playing hopscotch! I love her little denim skirt. So sorry about your wedding ring. That is so sad :( I hope you find it.

Brooke said...

This is a fun little post. I like all the little pics with each jot and tittle. :) :) :)

Potty training, the dreaded. Annie's older than Aidan and I still haven't mustered up the courage.

Good luck with the painting, and the baby proofing, and the wedding ring-finding, and let me just say I'm utterly depressed that I will not be joining in the fun of Phoenix.:( I can't even talk about it, let me go have a cry. I'll see ya later.

Mary said...

Phew. So glad you're back! This is a fun post. I love picking paint colors - I'm jealous. So sad about your ring. (Tucker - maybe this is a good time for a new 3 carat diamond?!?) I hope you babyproofed today before Avery got to the drano!!!

BS and the Kids said...

I am so sad that you lost your ring, it will show up. Have her pray with you to remember where it is :>. Midway-will be so fun!!! Good luck with potty training. Paint your bathroom a cool apple green or a fun blue color and accent with brown. Just a suggestion.

Linds Forrest said...

So many fun things on your brain. I second that on having someone come decorate for you, the only color I seem to know how to use are black and white. ha ha. AND I am glad you mentioned a book, I need another book to read and I am going to try that!! Good luck with the bathroom paintings, I want to see before and after!! Oh, and do a bathroom blue! Soothing and calm.

Lindsay Kay said...

Wow! You have a lot on your brain! I can't ahndle that much all at once.:)

Potty Training: Give them the opportunity but them take the lead. Audrey took until she was almost four and it was all because she just didn't care to do it. Good luck with it.

Bathroom: Restoration Hardware Silver Sage. It leads you to believe that it might be green but it is the most beautiful blue. (Pottery Barn look.) I would paint my living area with the color if I could.

Midway: Dress warm! Little chilly up there. Good luck with the snow.
St. George: Enjoy the last bits of warmth!
Phoenix: When? and can I go?

Sorry about your ring - I'm sure it will turn up somewhere.:)

DeDee said...

I wait until they want to go, and they pretty much train themselves. So sad about the ring (was that picture a hint?). Can't wait to "hang" with you this weekend! We're headed to St. George next week too, so we'll have to compare notes.

kecia said...

I think you should paint the bathroom fushia and bright orange! Also I can't believe you lost your wedding ring! So Sad!

Emilee said...

I'm glad you liked These Is My Words. It's one of my favorites, too! Did you read the sequels as well? We have a teal bathroom & I love it!

Woodbury Fam said...

I am so sad for you about your ring! But I tell you those crazy third children. I think Lucy would have done the same thing, and like Avery she is into everything, and the other kids weren't. I thought it was supposed to get easier as it went along.

Michelle C said...

Have you found your ring? How frustrating. Looks like you have a bunch of great trips planned. Wish we did too. Good luck on the potty training. We just painted our bathroom too. Love change!

Pepper said...

I read "These is my Words", too. I thought it was pretty good. Good luck with the potty training. With Natalie, it dragged out alot, but with Nicole, I waited til we went to Lake Powell and started there on our vacation, I thought it might be easier, we were in a different place for a week and it was a fun, relaxing environment, and it worked pretty well, she even stays dry at night now.