Monday, October 13, 2008

Tagged: Quirkiness

I have been tagged for this one twice now (by Natalie & Kecia), so I thought I'd share some of my quirky behaviors with you.

Definition of quirk: n. 1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe. 2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.

Rules: Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.


1. I'm very anal about ironing. I guess it's a good thing I don't mind doing it cause I can't not iron any article of clothing that gets put on. Each morning (or the night before if I'm really on top of things) I iron Tucker's white shirt and then all the clothes that the rest of us are going to be wearing that day. I even ironed a pair of sweats the other day that had been left in the dryer too long. I remember when I was young my mom teaching me how to iron a shirt in the proper order and I still do it. I must have gotten this from her.

2. I have a severe foot phobia. Notice I didn't say EXTREME. I've gotten better. I HATE feet. I can't handle anyone's feet touching mine. It freaks me out. In college it was at its worst. This became a form of torture as my room mates and others tried their darnedest to attack me with feet. I'm guessing it was there way of trying to cure me of this phobia. It didn't work. I will say, since being married it has gotten better. I've even come to enjoy a pedicure. My kids feet are the ONLY feet I will touch. I'm guessing this will change as they get older. Sad.

3. I can't stand watching movies with REAL talking animals. I'm fine if its a cartoon animal, but what's with making real animals talk. That's not real! Movies such as Babe, Charlotte's Web, A Gazillion Dog movies, Cats & Dogs. Now that new Chihuahua movie is out and my kids are BEGGING to see it. I just can't.

4. I read recipe books like I do a novel. I love getting new recipe books and sitting down and reading each recipe word for word. You'd think I'd cook more because I do this, but really I just enjoy reading them, not necessarily making them.

5. I always have to know what time it is. When I sleep, I have to be able to see the clock from my side of the bed. I hate walking into a room where there isn't a clock. Drives me crazy. Ironically, I don't wear a watch.

6. I hate shopping at Walmart, but I do. I hate that its so convenient. But after leaving the store, I practically bath my kids in antibacterial hand sanitizer. Only with this store though. Why? I don't know. I'm sure every other store I go into is just as germy and dirty as Walmart, but I only do this after leaving Walmart. Many times I actually buy my hand sanitizer AT Walmart, and then immediately cleanse my kids from head to toe.

Well there you have it, I guess I'm quirky. I tag: Emilee C., Wendi C., Lindsey F., Ashlyn, Heidi B., Sarah N. and ANYONE else that's feeling a little quirky today!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love this post, fun to know these things about you Jules...I will have to do this.

Mary said...

I wish I were better at ironing. I like to do it, I just get too lazy or forget before it's too late. I too love to read cookbooks, so fun! And, what you didn't enjoy "The Incredible Journey"? We're watching that together next weekend!!! Hope you're having fun in SG!

Chereebee said...

oh I'm so behind on commenting!
What a fun little getaway!! I love stuff like that!
Your kids are as cute as ever! I love that Halle knows how to play hopscotch- how fun!