Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Book Club Retreat

On Friday, I headed up to Midway with all my Book Club ladies for another fun retreat. Sarah's in-law's have a beautiful vacation home up there and where kind enough to share it with us. We had so much fun. We stopped in Park City on our way there for dinner and a little outlet shopping. It was very beneficial to have the honest opinion of 9 other ladies when trying on clothes. Many jeans were tried on that night. Too bad I didn't take pictures of all the cute things everyone walked away with.

Dinner at Loco Lizard
Tracey & Owen, Sarah, Stacia, Alisa, Liz, DeDee, Me, Rebecca, Melanie & Kari (Owen's mommy)

Yeah, we did a lot of eating. Don't worry, there were a few veggies tucked in there amongst the brownies and m&m's!

We sat around in our comfy jammies discussing many important topics. For some reason, "barkies" is the only thing that comes to mind right now!

My attempt at a self portrait of me and DeDee. I really just didn't want to be in the picture.

The next morning we woke up to this lovely (but cold) sight. Alisa prepared a yummy breakfast of Baked French Toast, Canadian Bacon and Fruit! We cleaned up and headed out and stopped at this really cute Barn boutique before heading home. Good times, ladies! Can't wait to do it again!

Remember...What happens in Book Club stays in Book Club! :)

5 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a great time! I'm jealous. I recognize many of those cute faces. And, I'd like to know what the real juicy stuff that went on was!

DeDee said...

You know you're dead, right?

kecia said...

Looks like a fun group and a fun time! I want some of those brownies right now! I would also like to know the important topics discussed!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Oh, fun! I want to go on a girls retreat. So need that.

To answer your question - no, we didn't go to the Dinosaur place in Ogden but we REALLY want to. I've heard it's awesome. I think it's partly outside, though, so maybe wait for next summer? We just stopped at some dinky dino places in Price, Utah and Grand Junction, Colorado. But Mase didn't know the difference!

Liz O. said...

Barkies. You crack me up! Love ya to bits, & can't wait for Thursday! We must plan our next retreat!