Monday, October 27, 2008

Catching up...again

I keep thinking I'm going to stay better on top of blogging things so I don't have to do one big post with 80 pictures, but so far its not happening. So what we have here is yet another post of "What's been going on"...

( I can no longer rely on my own brain to remember what happened over that last 7 days of my life. That is why I bring along my trusty camera. It never forgets!)

*Monday I took Avery to her last appointment for this immunization study she has been in for the past 13 months. She had to get her blood drawn one last time and I had to turn in my palm pilot that I've been tracking everything with. It was a quick in and out appointment, but the good news was when the study coordinator said, "You will be getting your check in the mail in the next couple weeks." WHAT?? A check?? I didn't know I was getting paid for this! YEAH! I'm sure its no hundred dollar check, but I'm excited nonetheless!

*On Tuesday I went with Halle's kindergarten class field trip to the Nature Center. The kids had a great time investigating things outside with binoculars and making fun treats and seed pictures inside.

Elle, Halle, Cole & Kylie

Halle took these 2 nature pictures. They were so excited to find these animal tracks.



*That night we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. We go to the same one every year. It was REALLY cold that night so we were only there for about 15 minutes. I got some cute pictures and we got a few pumpkins and then we left. Unfortunately, the pumpkins (which we were planning on carving tonight) were stolen from our front porch on Saturday night. I'm still very bugged by this and Halle was really upset. So I stopped at the local grocery store and picked up a couple new ones so we can still have some to carve. Why do people do such dumb things.

Halle wanted her picture with this headless bride.








*Halle & Aidan had a visit to their dentist on Thursday. Happy to report that it was a cavity FREE visit. I'm glad that they like going to the dentist so much, sure makes it easy on my part.


Halle was really excited when the dentist told her that she had 2 loose teeth. She keeps wiggling them and can't wait for the tooth fairy to make a visit.

The treasure chest they get to chose from if they don't have any cavities.

They each got a gold coin to ride the merry-go-round.


*We also frosted some Halloween cookies with Kecia and her girls. Their attention span only lasted about one cookie each before they wanted to just go play.




Avery missed out on the frosting, but she still loved the cookie.


*I'm sure if you asked Halle, she would tell you that the highlight of her week was going to see High School Musical 3 on Saturday. (I might even tell you the same thing!) It was a really cute movie and the kids had a great time. Halle has been singing the songs all weekend, I guess we need to go get the sound track.


Adrie, Aidan, Halle, Kyra, Beck & Cole

They loved their HSM3 bucket of popcorn.



The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. I finished painting the bathroom, went to the Ward Harvest Party, made several trips to Lowe's & Home Depot, dinner at Outback, took care of poor Avery who has been running a fever since Saturday night, that's about all. I guess we have another busy week ahead of us with all the Halloween parties and stuff, so until then...

9 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

I don't think you ever slow down! Your kids must love how you do so much with them. They look extremely happy in all the pics - they have a great mom who loves them and gives them wonderful memories!

Emilee said...

I love that you took Aidan to HSM3- I bet he liked it almost as much as Halle. Who's hair is getting really long, by the way! She's too cute. The kindergarten field trip looked like f-u-n!

kecia said...

i love the family picture at the pumpkin patch-it is well worth the $25 pumpkins! i really feel like a bad mom because my kids haven't been to the dentist-kindof ironic when they have an uncle who is one. Maybe I should just take them to yours-it looks super cute!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Wow... busy week! Looks like a lot of fun! I like the pics at teh pumpkin patch! You got a lot of good ones in a 15 minute visit! =)

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun week!! That all sounds so great! And that is so freaking rude that someone stole your pumpkins!! Karma will come back and give them what they deserve.

Brooke said...

I'm with you--if I didn't have a camera, I'd forget everything! :) Love all the fun festivities! I'm sorry about your pumpkins, I'd be ticked as well. But adorable pics and congrats on a cavity-free dental visit!

Woodbury Fam said...

Sounds like so much fun! Except for those bums who stole your pumpkins! you always do such fun things, and always remember to take pictures of everything, even the dentist. I am impressed.

Todd and Lisa said...

I like your pumpkin patch pics. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! You're so good to take your kids to High School Musical---what a fun mom you are! Is Avery doing alright? And your kids like going to the dentist?! I can't believe it. I'm so jealous. Audrey is terrified and I haven't even taken Kai yet. Terrible, I know. Well, I'll talk to you soon. Hope you're having a good day!

DeDee said...

That so bugs about the pumpkins! We still haven't been to HSM3...we better get on it!