Monday, January 25, 2010

Today.

today i woke up too early.

i said my morning prayers in the bathroom. it was the only place they couldn't find me.

i cleaned up spilled milk. twice.

i did 8 loads of laundry and somehow managed to get it all put away. that NEVER happens.

i put diaper cream on one very sore bum.

i listened to two 3 year old boys playing together. they called each other bud.

i picked my battles.

i washed paint off a 2 year olds hands, clothes, and face.

i read with my 6 year old.

i cleaned marker off a cabbage patch doll.

i consoled a sad little boy. more than once.

i played hide and seek.

i heard "I Love You, Mom" more times than I can count on two hands.

today i'm thankful to be Mom.

7 comments:

Emilee said...

I love you Julie & I love this. Thanks for sharing!! It's great to be a mom!!

Woodbury Fam said...

That is so sweet! THanks for helping me remember the bright side.

Brooke said...

Ahhh, the life of a mother. :) Frustrating yet delightful at times, and always worth it. xoxo

Mary said...

Yesterday . . .
I felt the exact opposite of you.
Darn.
Hopefully today I can be inspired by your good attitude! Love ya.

Aly said...

You are so cute!! What a darling post.

kecia said...

you always say things so lovely! I really enjoyed this! Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful our days as moms really are!

Linds Forrest said...

Great post. It gives hope that motherhood is rewarding. Nannying is not rewarding. ha ha