Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Thoughts...

*We purchased bunk beds for the girls. I'm not ready to put Avery in it yet, but Halle is SUPER excited. In turn, Aidan inherited Halle's old bed and helped pick out his robot bedding. He sure loves it! I'll post some pictures soon.

*I realized that Avery is no longer a baby. She is acting way too independent...caring about what she wears (especially shoes), putting her shoes on by herself (something Aidan doesn't even do yet), finding things when I ask her where something is, talking in sentences, telling me "no", and throwing full on tantrums. It's been a REALLY long time (more than 3 years) since we haven't had a baby in our house. It's really strange.

*I spend too much time searching for the "perfect" home in our neighborhood (that isn't half a million dollars or more) and I just don't think it exists. I'm very frustrated by this.

*Were trying to decide on a fun vacation this summer for just Tucker & I. My thoughts...Hawaii, a cruise, Costa Rica, New York...can't decide. Any suggestions??

*Halle is doing AWESOME with not sucking her thumb. I don't think she's done it even once since our visit to the dentist. Maybe all she needed was a REALLY good reason to stop. Aidan has been very supportive. Every night he prays for Halle to not suck her thumb while she sleeps. So cute.

*Our Relief Society is doing a cleaning/organization enrichment night in a couple weeks. They asked everyone to bring stuff they don't want any more that is in good condition still for a SWAP. Whatever is left at the end of the night will be taken to the DI. This has been great motivation to get going on cleaning and decluttering my house. Can't wait.

*We hope to get started on our bathroom overhaul project in the next week or two. Hopefully it won't turn into a lengthy project. I don't think we can survive with one bathroom for very long.

*I find myself living my life based on what's "next". I hate that as soon as one thing is over I am just waiting for the next thing to start. I wish I wasn't that way. I want to just enjoy NOW. I need to work on this.

*My wonderfully talented cousin, Brooke, is hosting a FREE Couponing 101 class next Tuesday night. It's sure to be informative and fun. If you want to come or want more info let me know.

*The 4 o'clock hour is my least favorite hour of the day. The kids start swarming the kitchen, Aidan is grumpy as heck or asleep on the couch, I have ZERO ideas for dinner these days and Tucker is still an hour or two from being home. I think I'll start getting a babysitter every day just from 4-5 so I can escape the chaos. Maybe it will get better with the warm weather...I hope.

*I'm very excited for Book Club tonight. It's been WAY too long since we've been able to meet and I'm anxious to get caught up on each other's lives and enjoy a good "therapy" session...oh, and maybe discuss a book or two as well! :)

*Today while Halle was getting ready for school she said, "Mom, I don't think it would be a very good idea for us to have any more kids. I just don't think you could handle it." Clearly she's noticed the lack of attention and patience I have for my kids these days.

Well that's about it for today, we're off for a picnic at the park. A little sunshine will do us all some good.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Amen to the 4 o'clock hour. What is it about that time?? It's the worst for sure. I'm so happy for Halle. What a big girl to just quit sucking her thumb all on her own! I'm addicted to looking at houses, eventhough I'm not moving any time soon (unfortunately). I'll keep my eyes open for ya! I've caught the organization bug lately too. I just love doing it, but wish there were more time and less mess involved! Hope you're having fun at the park. That sounds fun right now.

Lindsey said...

Halle's comment about not having more kids made me laugh out loud! I guess kids pick up on way more than we want them to. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff going on!

Heather Ridge said...

I, like your friend Lindsey, laughed out loud at the last thought Halle said about more kids. Hilarious. Of all people, I think you are the type that could handle definately at least four or more. You can't stop, your kids are too cute. As for your trip, I think a cruise sounds good. Nate and I are leaving on one in a week and I am already in love with it.

Lindsay Kay said...

Kids say the darndest things.:) I think it's all about the cool spring and being cooped up. Good luck with all that's going on in that pretty little head of yours.:)

Linds Forrest said...

I love that you posted your randoming thoughts!And I would love more info about the couponing class. I totally would come but I have to work. Bummer. I could have seen you and your sweet face again!

kecia said...

How sweet of Aiden to pray for Halle! Their bunkbeds are really cute!! I am also on the lookout for a house for you in the area-if it doesn't show up then I guess you can't move-right?!I really love halle's comment about kids! So funny!