Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kindergarten Mall & Bowling

A couple weeks ago, Halle's class had a Kindergarten Mall to help them learn more about money. It was really cute. They got in partners and came up with a store and made a sign for it. Then all the kids brought stuff from home to sell at the mall. They took turns shopping and selling stuff. It turned out really cute and the kids loved it. They all got lots of fun stuff. Mrs. Lightfoot makes learning so much fun!
Halle's group...Ellie and Emily

Their merchandise

Of course they did a salon, what else!?

They even had a few boy customers purchasing things for sisters and their moms.

Eventually they marked down everything for a big blow out sale...everyone showing some of their favorite prizes.

On Friday we kicked off our Memorial Weekend with pizza & bowling at Fat Cats. We hadn't taken the kids bowling for a long time, and we all had lots of fun.






I love the look on both their faces.



Aidan would get so excited after every turn. He loved it.

Even bowling with his head he did WAY better than me!

Sadly this really was the score at the end of the second game. Yes, that's right I bowled a 40. I never have been good. (I told you, Natalie. You really don't want me on your league!) Aidan bowled several strikes and ended his second game with 126 and Halle got 118. Tucker beat us all with a 135. The kids loved it and are asking to go again already.

The rest of the weekend we spent visiting cemeteries, having BBQ's with family, going to see Night at the Museum 2, planting flowers with my mom, and trying to take care of Avery who was feverish all weekend. We had lots of fun and enjoyed the time we got to spend together as a family.

5 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

Looks like a great time! I love that mall idea! What kid doesn't enjoy shopping and selling? Way cute!

kecia said...

we had a great time when we took the kids to fat cats too-let's combine forces and go together sometime. I am glad you got to enjoy some holiday time even with Avery sick. We did miss you camping though!

Michelle C said...

How fun. What a great class idea. Oh, and you look really good in your bowling picture. Seriously! Your baby is growing up so fast.

Natalie said...

C'mon Julie! You can bowl. Besides, we would give you a handicap score, so your 40 would be more like 140. :)

Seriously though, maybe I should start recruiting Halle & Aidan.

Mary said...

Seriously, Halle's teacher is so great! I think you guys will definitely miss her.

And, you sound like my kind of bowler!!! We should do a joint bowling outing sometime, that would be fun!