Last week we attempted to take the training wheels off Halle's bike. She has gotten into a bad habit of leaning on just one training wheel when she rides it. So when we took them off she was still leaning to one side and having a hard time balancing. Tucker was VERY patient and kept trying. She threw a big fit at the end and ran off into the house.

Tucker put the training wheels back on and when we came in the house she had left this picture on our bed...
(Translation: "I am sorry for being sad. I am never riding my bike." Halle)She has since ridden her bike but the training wheels are back on for now. We'll try again in a few weeks.
5 comments:
Hee hee hee. That note is PRICELESS. I never knew Tucker's legs were so long and beanpole-ish.
When we were trying to teach Mikkele how to ride her bike Jeremy made the comment to me that she is going to be the only kid to never learn how to ride a bike. As he said it, something clicked and she took off. I guess you need discouragement instead of encouragement.
I'm sure you'll be much more patient than we were. :)
i love Halle's drama! That note is so great!
OH the drama! I am glad I am not the only parent out there that deals with drama like this.
Let me know if you find success in this matter . . . surely I could use a few tips with my oldest, but most cautious child!!
PS I missed seeing you yesterday - it feels like forever since I've seen your cute face! Hope Avery is feeling better and everyone else is okay too.
Post a Comment