Friday, May 28, 2010

Zoo Fieldtrips

Quite sick of zoo pictures but I have to post about their field trips...

We got to go with Aidan's preschool to the zoo and ride on the bus with all the big kids from the high school. They have been looking forward to this since the beginning of the year. I think the bus ride was more anticipated than the zoo itself.

One of his big friends, Mary!

Riding the bus
Avery was thrilled with the ride also. Not being restrained in a car seat was a big deal!

Still hating the smelly animals.

Avery & Bree...stroller buddies

Aidan was quite obsessed with looking at the map.Aidan and Adrie figuring out where to go next.

They sure liked the giant tortoise.


I think they all had more fun on the playground than looking at animals.






Eating lunch with Mary.

His big friends made it lots of fun. We were just along to take pictures.

A few weeks later I got to go again (for the 3rd time in a month) with Halle's class. I was pretty much "zooed" out at this point but Halle was really excited about it.
The Yellow Group


We got to the elephants just in time to see them feed them and do a few tricks with them.


Ellie, Hanna, Madison, & Halle. Watching the elephants.









It's fine by me if we don't visit the zoo again for another year...or two!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the zoo pics! Good thing the weather seemed to hold out for your fieldtrip. Wish I could have said the same. The baby elephant looks so cute.

Andrea said...

Dang Julie . . . I've been wanting to go to the zoo and was hoping you'd go with me!

Angie said...

What adorable little girls the yellow group had! ;) I'm so happy you found our link - I'm linking to you if that's okay - Ellie was so excited to see the pics of Halle!