Halle has been wanting to go to Color Me Mine for months...well probably years, actually. She wanted to have her birthday party there, but I knew what that would cost and didn't think we could swing it. Tucker's parents recently bought a kiln and so she decided to have the party at there house...same thing, MUCH cheaper.
The birthday girl waiting for her friends to arrive.

Halle and I went to a ceramics store a few days before the party and I let her pick out whatever she wanted. She found these really cute cupcake and cake slice boxes. Very fitting for a birthday party.

Once the girls all arrived we went out to the craft room and they got started. The painted a few tiles just to practice before they started on the cupcakes.






These are the finished products...before they were fired in the kiln. I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of them after they were fired cause they all turned out SO cute. We delivered them to the girls a few days after the party.
They were having so much fun painting that we didn't leave very much time for the second activity. They put together these bead animals, but they were a little more complicated and time consuming than we thought so they took them home to finish them.














9 comments:
SUPER CUTE. Halle looks so grown up and gorgeous. What a delightful party idea, I love it. I have bad memories of clay and kilns (have you seen my lumpy hideous bunny??) but with those darling cupcakes and cake slices I might be able to redeem myself! :) I'm calling Judy to schedule my turn at the ol' kiln.
The party was so cute! I love Emma's cake piece. When Halle dropped it off I wanted to keep it for myself and not tell Emma, but I didn't. Such crazy, silly girls!
Sadie had a BLAST! Thanks so much for inviting her! (Eventhough she's not part of the hood) The pictures are darling. The perfect party idea!
(PS Tomorrow is Thurday, and then it's FRIDAY!!! Can't wait.)
What... seriously. You are planning my next birthday party! That looks so fun!
so cute! I am glad to finally see pictures of the fun! We still haven't fixed ADrie's cupcake top and she is still sad about it! They had a GREAT time!
Cute party! I love it. She's such a cute girl.
I've been waiting to see pictures from the infamous ceramic birthday party. Cute, cute cupcakes and cake slices! Would it be weird to have my own birthday party there next month?
THanks for the comment! Halle's part looked darling!
Happy 7th Birthday Halle! That was such a cute party! Looks like it was a lot of fun. And I love that you surprised Halle at school and had lunch with her! What a great idea.
Post a Comment