Monday, March 15, 2010

Finally Four!

The Birthday Boy!!

Aidan celebrated his 4th birthday last week.  He had a couple different celebrations to fit everyone in, and he loved it.  The Sunday before we celebrated his, my mom's and Travis' birthday (March is a big birthday month). 
Amy & Travis gave him these superhero transformers

He LOVED this pop gun that he got from Colby & Zach.

On his birthday he went to preschool with treats to pass out to all his friends.  They sang Happy 
Birthday to him (twice, he said!) and gave him a birthday crown, which he proudly wore for the rest of the day.
Mercedes, Adrie & Aidan

After preschool we had our cousins lunch at my Grandma's house.  We brought cupcakes to share with all the kids, it was like a birthday party that I didn't have to prepare for.  He had a great time playing with all the kids.
All the kids enjoying their cupcakes.  Aidan ate 3!


When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner he said, "Mac & Cheese and PB&J"  Not exactly the gourmet meal I had in mind.  I compromised and made homemade mac and cheese and some crispy chicken strips and broccoli, his favorite veggie!  He was pleased!

Still sporting the birthday crown. :)

Then we invited his grandparents to come have cake and ice cream and open presents. For the first time ever, I had to be in charge of a birthday cake.  Tucker's mom has always made the cakes for my kids, but recently broke her wrist and wasn't able to step in for this one.  So I did the next best thing and ordered one...a STAR WARS mint chocolate cake.  YUMMY!
He could hardly wait to eat it cause he really wanted to play with Darth Vader and Luke, especially when I showed him that their light sabers lit up!
Blowing out the candles.

Opening his presents...
A new Leapster game.

Grandma Judy & Grandpa Gary gave him this transformers car.

Star Wars action figures from his sisters.

and a Star Wars tent (yes there was a theme!)

Set up time...4 seconds.  My kind of toy.

And because he got a bike last year that he's still trying to figure out, a new scooter to get around on!


Grandma Judy & Grandpa Gary

Grandma Marianne & Grandpa Dave






My favorite thing about this cute 4 year old is that he tells me at least 20 times a day that he loves me!  It never gets old.  We LOVE you, Aidan. 

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy birthday cute Aidan! I love the Star Wars cake. That's my kind of baking!

Brooke said...

Cute Aidan! What a FUN birthday he had! I sure hope you saved me a piece of that cake because it looks DELISH. Mint and Chocolate, can't go wrong with that!

kecia said...

he looks SO cute and happy in all of these pictures! I can't believe he is 4...crazy! Looks like fun celebrations! Tucker looks thrilled about that pop gun! I am now in need of that cake! Mint chocolate is my favorite!

Heather Ridge said...

What is it with 4 year olds and Star Wars. Isaac had Star Wars Birthday party also. Next time we are in town, we need to get this two together for sure.

Woodbury Fam said...

Yeah Aidan. I love that he has a huge smile in every picture! It made me smile too.

Mary said...

I never wished Aidan a happy birthday! Looks like a fantastic time!! What a cute boy!