Friday, November 6, 2009

New Do's & Awards

Avery & I both got new do's this week. Her hair just will not grow so we cut off the mullet she had going on and gave her a cute new bob. I was sad to cut off all her curls, so I'm hoping they grow back. We took off about 3 inches in the back.


Side view...

I wish I could say I liked mine just as much, but I'm still trying to get used to it. I decided to embrace my roots and go to my natural color. I knew it was a lot darker than my blond hair but I had NO idea it would be this dark. I barely recognize myself. I also had her cut bangs, which I'm NOT a fan of I decided. Hope they grow fast, I sort of feel 12.


Yesterday at school they had an Awards Assembly for Reflections. Halle wrote a cute poem and hers got picked to go on to the District level. All the kids whose entries are going on received an award at the assembly. I had an inside scoop that she was getting it so Tucker and I surprised her and showed up for the assembly to see her receive her award. She was so excited and REALLY surprised. I'm so proud of her. Her poem is so cute and she wrote the whole thing and typed it on the computer all by herself. Here is her poem...

Beauty is a beautiful thing.
Beauty is a wonderful thing to see.
Beauty is a blue sky and beauty is a flower.
Beauty is a rainbow and beauty is the sunlight.
Beauty is my mom and her mom and her mom too.
My dad says that I am beautiful and I say he is handsome.
Shapes are beautiful and colors are, too.
Butterflies, books, animals, sunsets, trees and their fall leaves.
Beauty can be anything because everything is beautiful.



They got these really cute dog tag necklaces that say reflections on them.

It was the 50th day of school and so the first graders dressed up in 50s clothes...hence the poodle skirt.

Way to go, Hal! We're so proud of you!

14 comments:

Emilee said...

Julie I love your new do! The color goes well with your skin, eyes, and toes, of course. I went darker this time too, much darker & it's a bit drastic. And I like Avery's little bob!!!

Brooke said...

Congrats to Miss Halle, the poetess! Such a darling po-em, so proud of her. She definitely takes after you in the po-em department. ;) And I love the new hair-dos.

DeDee said...

Way to go Halle! It is an awesome poem. We'll expect great things from this little writer!

Natalie said...

I love the new hairdos. Avery's bob is darling on her. I went back to my darker, original hair color too. It takes some adjusting. Rest assured though, your hair looks darling. You don't look 12! Good job to Halle on her poem. Here's hoping it goes all the way!

Linds Forrest said...

Halle's poem is so cute! And I like your hair! But girl if you feel it's too dark go back and get a few highlights put back through. Small highlights will make a difference if you want it. I do think it looks cute on you! :)

Heather Ridge said...

The hair-do's are fabulous. I like them a lot. Congrats to Halle!

Anonymous said...

Cute hair! I can't believe how much older Avery looks with her new haircut! It is darling!

Chereebee said...

LOVE Avery's little bob - so darn cute!! And your hair looks great too - you look BEAUTIFUL either way! :)

Mary said...

I can't believe you let the mullet go! Now she can't call herself "white trash" anymore!! :) Seriously, she looks like a doll. And, I really like yours too - esp. in person. Very cute.
Also, I love Halle's poem. My favorite part is "my mom, and her mom, and her mom too." SO cute. I am surprised you guys have had your assembly already - ours didn't even get turned in until last Thurs. Anyway, hooray for all of you on your awesomeness!!

Lindsey said...

That poem is to die for. Way to go Halle. I dyed my hair and cut bangs at the same time earlier this year and decided it's not a good combo. I think you have to do one or the other to like it. But I like it. It's just always hard getting used to something new on yourself!

Mark said...

Mary just told me about your hair and I had to come and see. I can't believe it! It looks so good! Really you look like some sort of celebrity, I can't believe it. Can't stop looking...

Mark said...

still can't stop

Mark said...

such a rich color

Mark said...

does is still look pretty good?