Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

I haven't been able to bring myself to blog about Halloween. By the time Halloween day actually rolled around, I was done getting my kids in their costumes and getting more candy. It was fun, but I'm so glad it's over. Here's a quick recap of the weeks events.

Aidan's Preschool Party
Aidan got to dress up in his costume for preschool and trick or treat to some of the classes at the high school. He had so much fun. They paraded through the school with their buckets of candy. He was the cutest...I mean coolest Batman!
Check out those muscles!

Aidan & his big friend, Mary. We followed them around the school and he did NOT want to walk with me and Avery. He held Mary's hand the whole time.

All the neighborhood kids...Adrie, Mercedes, Beck & Aidan

Halle's school parade/party
The school parade is always lots of fun. We got their early enough so we had good seats, but that also meant I had to entertain Aidan and Avery for over an hour until it started.
Couldn't pass up another opportunity to wear their costumes.

Avery and her cute friend Lucy, admiring each other's pretty Cinderella costumes.

Halle the cowgirl!

Dracula...aka Principal Dean.

After the parade I helped with Halle's class party. They played Halloween bingo, frosted pumpkin cookies, made ghost necklaces, and read Halloween stories. A big thank you to Kirsten for taking Aidan and Avery.

Cox's Halloween Party
The Cox's had their annual halloween party. Fun games, yummy food, good times! Thanks for the invite! We had lots of fun.

Halle, Kyra & Sadie

2 witches and an Albertson's employee.

Tucker went as Peter Parker, you can kind of see his spiderman mask and his camera. A lot of effort went into that costume.

On Halloween we visited the grandparents. We had lunch with my family and Grandma had halloween good bags for all the kids. Just remembered I used my mom's camera so no pictures there.

Then we went to see Tucker's parents. Chris and Steph got there at the same time so we got some fun pictures with the cousins. The kids loved their halloween decor.

Aidan had the biggest meltdown of his entire life just before this picture. Smiling wasn't even an option.

We headed home to enjoy trick or treating around the neighborhood. Aidan was still cooling down from his meltdown so he helped Tucker pass out candy while I took the girls around the neighborhood. We went back to get Aidan a little bit later and ended the night with big buckets of candy.



There is still lots of candy left in my house. The kids haven't noticed the little handfuls I take out each day and throw in the garbage. Hopefully it will be gone just in time to bring in the Christmas candy.

(Thanks for the pictures, Kirsten & Kecia)

5 comments:

Mary said...

What fun! The kids look great. That batman costume is so perfect on Aidan. Did you really have to get to school an hour early to get good seats?!? Crazy!
I'm glad you guys had a great halloween! (Minus the meltdown - but what holiday would be complete without one?!)

Natalie said...

I love your kids costumes. You guys really did have lots of dress-up opportunities! All of them look like fun!

Brooke said...

Cute stuff as usual! You and Kecia are adorable witches, why am I not surprised you were the same thing??? :)

That DJ thing was weird on my blog! I was wondering who in the world that was. I was hoping it was DJ Tanner. :) But I'm glad it was YOU.

Charlotte said...

Looks like you must have been worn out in the end Julie. Aidan's outfit (particularly the head piece) cracked me up!

I love how your comments section is titled 'juicy tidbits' - that is SO you!!

Michelle C said...

Cute posts. Your kids look cute in their costumes. Love the new hair do's. Cute!