6:45 AM. My internal alarm wakes me up. I was just dreaming that I was at an Oprah show with some friends and it was about to start and now I'm ticked that I woke up before I got to find out what the show was going to be about.
I'm WISHING that I could stay in bed as I know what kind of day its going to be. SNOWING! Ugh. I'm so not ready for it.
I'm WISHING for simpler days when I didn't have to rush to get myself and 3 kids ready and out the door by 8AM.
WISHING I were a more on top of it mom who got up and made a nice healthy breakfast for my kids instead of just throwing a pop tart (not even toasted) at them as I get them all in the car...in coats. I hate coats and car seats.
WISHING I didn't have to rush to get Halle to school and get her reflections entry turned in by 8:25 (what a lame deadline), then make an announcement over the intercom (which I HATE doing) to announce the winners of this contest we had at school last week.
WISHING I didn't have to rush back out the door to drive the preschool carpool in a blizzard, all the way praying that I don't run out of gas and WISHING I would have realized I was out of gas yesterday so that I didn't have to stress the whole way there that I was going to get stranded on the side of the road with 4 kids in a blizzard.
It's not even 9AM.
I remember the days when we could just stay in our jammies all day and not even open the blinds cause you know how cruddy it is out there. We could watch movies and play games and lay on the couch and not step outside even once. Then being so thrilled when bedtime rolled around and the kids were already in there jammies so it was one less thing you had to do. Remember that?
That was nice.
7 comments:
Sigh.
Yes, I remember. That was nice. . .
XOXOXO
I was totally just wishing for those days this morning. My friend with one child can't believe how chaotic my life is every day. It's crazy and it's just going to keep getting crazier! AUGH!! Let's go to Hawaii!
It looks like we have a very similar wishlish. :) Amen, sister cousin friend.
Ditto. :)
my thoughts exactly!! I should just copy your post to my blog!
You took the words right out of my mouth! And it's a good thing, too, since I haven't blogged in an aeon! I miss you, Julie! Can we have a bi-monthly book club or something?
You are such a darling beautiful mother...sounds like you need to slow down a bit. Why do we all feel like we need to do so much? There is so much more pressure on young mothers now... So maybe say no to a few extra things....simplify...simplify. You are probably one of those amazing and capable people who can do everything and do it well...and people like you get overscheduled. I am a few years more down the road...as a mother..and looking back I wish I had simplified a little more. You just don't need to do it all... don't mean to sound preachy..I just think you are a darling mommy and you have a darling family. Hang in there!
Post a Comment