Thursday, September 2, 2010

back to school

Halle went back to school last week and she couldn't have been more excited. She was counting down the days the whole month of August. She picked out her first day of school outfit the night before and woke up at 6:45AM because she was worried I wouldn't wake her up in time. She was much more excited about going to 2nd grade than she was about 1st. There were a lot more nerves last year...for both of us.



Two days before school started she got a big scratch on her cheek. She was pretty self conscious about it and thought everyone would make fun of her on the first day of school.


Her 2 favorite things about 2nd grade: Her teacher Mrs. Hansen AND she gets to be in a portable.
Mrs. Hansen has a major obsession with M&M's.

She found her desk...

Her new friend Dara. She is new to our school this year and they met a few days before school started and became instant friends.

Mrs. Hansen

She was excited to find lots of friends from 1st grade and quickly introduced them all to Dara.

BFF Kyra

A QUICK hug and picture just as the bell rang and she was off running to line up. No looking back!
We're missing having her home during the day...especially Aidan who doesn't start school until next week, but I know she loves it so it makes it a lot easier to send her out the door every day!

4 comments:

Prilla said...

Love back to school time!

I also love your new header picture!

kecia said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you had posted to your blog!! Welcome back!!

Woodbury Fam said...

NOw that is more like it! What a cute little Halle! It is cute thatshe was so excited about school

Mary said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!
Halle looks so cute and grown up! So cute that she took that little girl under her wing and helped her make friends. I never knew it was so awesome to be in a portable! Funny.
So glad to see you posting again and I fully expect you to keep this up!
Loves.