
Dec. 4th - Watched Santa Buddies for movie and Popcorn night. The kids and Tucker loved it, me not so much! You know how I feel about talking animals.

Dec. 5th - Celebrated my 31st birthday. Dinner date with Tucker at Asian star and shopping for the kids Christmas PJ's after. Nothing too eventful. Just another day. 31 is a lame age. I suggest skipping it all together if at all possible.
Dec. 6th - Annual Gingerbread Houses with Tucker's family. We also helped string popcorn and cranberries to decorate their tree. Always a fun night. Once again our house fell apart just as we got home. Oh well. Now my kids aren't tempted to pull candies off it all day.





Dec. 7th - Fun family Christmas party with Halle's primary class. The kids acted out the nativity (Halle was an angel again), yummy potluck dinner, followed by a gift exchange for the kids and another for the adults. Lots of fun. Halle has GREAT primary teachers.
Dec. 8th - Busy day. Fun lunch with Grandma Tutu and all the cousins.
My brother got his test results back - he doesn't have leukemia. No words! We're all breathing easier now.
Ended the night by getting hot chocolate and driving around to see Christmas lights. Particularly THESE ones.
We also let the kids stay up a little late to watch Prep and Landing. They've been so excited. It was cute.
Dec. 9th - Happy Birthday to my brother, Jeff! Much to celebrate this year.
The kids got dressed up in their snow gear and played out in the snow while I stayed inside by the warm oven making sugar cookies.



Dec. 10th - Christmas party with my friends. Charlotte hosted a lovely dinner at her new home and we chatted and exchanged gifts. Played some games and then Charlotte brought out the MOUNTAINS of notes we all wrote to each other in our middle school days. We read through them and laughed and laughed at how immature we all were. It was so much fun. It also reminded me that I'm dreading reliving those days with my own children! UGH!
Dec. 11th - Tucker's work party. We had it at his parents home while they were away in Hawaii. About 30 people came and we had dinner, exchanged white elephant gifts and played fun games. Tucker is lucky to work with a great group of people. Not many work parties begin with a blessing on the food. I'm grateful for his job, and even more grateful that he LOVES what he does. It was a really fun night.

Dec. 13th - Dinner with my family to celebrate mine and Jeff's birthdays. My mom made her yummy banana cream pie as Jeff and I aren't big cake eaters, while the kids enjoyed cupcakes.

And I thought I share this...to remind us all the true spirit of Christmas. ENJOY!


7 comments:
Looks like you are having an eventful December.:) Your hair is adorable! And we are so happy about the test results!
I'm so relieved to hear about your brother. He's been in my thoughts. I can't believe how big Halle's primary class is! Our ward is so stinkin' small. She makes a cute angel. Asian Star is so yummy. Glad you had a date for your birthday. I think we should re-instate some kind of birthday celebration with the Dansie adults next year. This year was kind of lame. Happy 31st to you from me!!!
What a fun mom you are! I feel like I've completely missed November and December...where did it go?
Happy Belated 31st! Just think, no matter how old you get, I'll always be older.
Birthdays don't get any better. I always say I'm older than I am, then when I turn that age I'm already prepared! Seriously, most of the time I have to think real hard to figure out how old I am. Who needs birthdays? Just give me gifts all year! But hope your enjoying being 31!
Birthdays don't get any better. I always say I'm older than I am, then when I turn that age I'm already prepared! Seriously, most of the time I have to think real hard to figure out how old I am. Who needs birthdays? Just give me gifts all year! But hope your enjoying being 31!
What a delightful December for your family so far! I love all of the fun stuff you guys have done. Too bad we can't add some festive Christmas sweater dinners in with the mix this year, let's plan WAY ahead for next December. :) And of course Jeff's news is the best too. xoxo
Hi my friend!! So glad to see exactly what you've been up to.
I can't believe you didn't enjoy "Santa Buddies"! I thought you would have done a double feature with that and "The Incredible Journey." Maybe next time.
I can't get over the picture of Avery with her gingerbread man - she looks SO old! When did this happen?!?
I'm just s'glad you've had a great month so far! See you soon?! I can only hope . . .
Post a Comment