Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a Week!

I haven't posted much in a while so I have lots to catch up on. This should be quite lengthy!

The kids finished up their first session of swim lessons this week. Although it was rainy all week, we somehow lucked out and only had very light sprinkles one day for a few minutes. The second session starts next week, hopefully the weather will be a lot better so we can actually go the pool and practice what they're learning.

Halle's my little fish and would stay in the pool all day if she could. This is her 3rd year of swimming lessons with DeAnn and she's moving forward already doing things she couldn't do last year. Swimming on her back, mastering the breast stroke, swimming the length of the pool. She's been awesome.


Of course, the diving board is still her favorite.


She's happiest in the water.

This is Aidan's first time doing swim lessons. When I first asked him if he wanted to take swim lessons with Halle he said, "I don't need swim lessons, Mom! I already know how to swim!" His idea of swimming is not getting his hair wet so he was a little hesitant at first, but his cute cousin, Cambrie, coaxed him into the pool the first day and he's loved it ever since.

Aidan's first dunk under water...

...not quite sure how he felt about it.

Happy now!

He immediately raised his hand when DeeAnn asked if anyone knew who superman was??

Practicing his kicks.

Lots of laughs with Cambrie.

Great job, bud!
I wish I would have signed Avery up with Aidan because there are a couple kids in his class that are her age. She was pretty good to just sit and eat snacks for an hour while she cheered Halle and Aidan on. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon so she can go swimming, too!

Halle also finished up dance with a cute performance this week. They've been working for several months to be ready for the big performance. There were about 30 groups performing with them, but luckily they were the 8th group so we didn't have to sit through very many. They missed having Kyra there with them, she was out of town. Luckily they were asked to perform again next week so they'll get to do it with her then!

Halle looks like she might squeeze Sadie to death in this one...so cute!

Showing us their pose at the end of their dance.

Waiting for the performances to start.


Halle loved the flowers we gave her after she performed.

Thanks mom and dad for making the LONG trek out to see her dance for 5 minutes!


Avery yelled "Halle!" the whole time she was dancing. It was so cute!

We ended the night with ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins..Halle's choice of treat!

Avery enjoying her non-dairy lemon sorbet.
It was a fun night, but I think we're all glad to have a break from weekly dance lessons!

Halle & Aidan also finished their soccer season today. FINALLY! It seemed extra long this time and Aidan just wasn't into any more. We sat and watched the other kids play most games. Oh well. Maybe next year! Halle had a lot of fun and her games we're pretty intense at times. They had a great little team and Tucker had fun coaching them.


We also squeezed in a birthday celebration for Tucker this week. He turned 31 on Wednesday. He took the kids to swim lessons in the morning while I went to a PTA meeting and then they went and saw the movie, UP! I stayed home with Avery so she could nap. They enjoyed the movie a lot more without her there bugging them. That night Tucker and I went to dinner at Tucanos down at the Gateway. A low key day, just the way Tucker likes it! We got him a new bike for his birthday but it won't be ready to pick up for a few more days. We're looking forward to lots of fun bike rides this summer as a family. Happy Birthday, babe! We sure love you!

I think that catches us up!

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

I love how you take so many photos. Truly. I aspire to take as many pictures as you. You catch so many awesome memories!!

kecia said...

I am downloading all my pictures from the trip so I thought I would check out what I missed out on this week. The pics of the dance are SO cute! It made me a sad that Kyra wasn't able to be there but it was nice not to have to make a 10 hour drive for it-now that we get to perform on sat. Happy birthday to Tucker too! We were just talking about how we need to get another bike so we can all go on family rides too.

Mary said...

I just feel so privileged to be a part of these fun events!! (Except for Tucker's b-day - I thought I for sure would get an invite!) Anyway, you got some great shots of everything! Love it. It has been a crazy summer so far, hasn't it??

Woodbury Fam said...

What a fun week! WHere did you find, non dairy lemon sorbet?