I knew the minute we stepped foot into the month of March my life would be non stop stress and chaos. You think I would be ready for anything that came at me...not so much.
Yesterday, March 1st, I had a dr. appt. They've always been very uneventful and I spend more time waiting to see the doctor than I do actually with him. I'm grateful for uneventful pregnancies. Yesterday was a little different, however. I woke up feeling NOT normal. My heart was racing and I was having a hard time catching my breath. Just sitting doing nothing and I felt like I'd just finished running a marathon. I was grateful for the appointment that morning with my doctor so I could complain to him. I told him how I was feeling...he listened to my heart and agreed it was very fast, so that in turn made my little baby girls heart rate fast. He said, "I need you to go to the ER and have them do an EKG." WHAT?? I don't have time for this. He was very concerned which made me concerned so I agreed to go. I drove myself to the hospital and when I got there my heart rate was 145-150. Its amazing how quickly you get checked in when your 37 weeks pregnant and having heart issues. Within minutes of getting there I was in a gown, IV in and hooked up to all sorts of wires and machines.
7 hours later, I was being sent home. My heart rate had come down and everything seemed normal. They had done an EKG, a chest xray, ultrasounds of both legs, blood work, and monitored the baby and everything was fine. I was relieved. I have a chest cold and they think I was really dehydrated.
So today is March 2nd. Halle and Aidan are both home sick from school. Tomorrow is Aidan's birthday party (thanks to a fabulous friend, DeDee) and Saturday is Halle's baptism. Of course the ONE week I need healthy kids, we're all sick. TYPICAL! I'm not letting myself be too stressed...yet. Lots to do but thanks to amazing friends and family, I know we'll all survive this week and then I can have this baby.
4 more days and then I can breath.
5 comments:
Scary! Take care of yourself girl...and that baby! Good luck getting through this week!
Goodness, you scared me there for a minute! I am glad to hear everything turned out ok. I am sorry you are all sick. You need to hurry and get better so I can see you next week!
Glad all turned out well with you. No baby yet. I know how that goes.....not fun! This is a BIG month for the family. Let me know if I can help out in any way!
Holy smokes Julie! That's crazy! I wish I had a healthy family so I could help you. Good luck getting through everything!
Yikes! Scary. I didn't realize you were so far along. So close! You think you can breathe again then... haha! JK. I hope so.
Post a Comment